attacking my feet!

mindi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ever since I got Maggie, she's 8 months now, she has a thing for attacking my feet. It's usually in the morning when I'm trying to get ready. I think she's mad because I'm busy doing other things. I do stop and play with her first thing when I get out of bed, but it's like she's mad I quit. She doesn't ever clamp her teeth down hard, just enough to annoy and sometimes hurt. I'm sure she's not being aggressive--her ears are never down, she has a very playful look on her face. Most of the time she's simply underfoot constantly. Clapping loudly and saying no don't work and neither does squirting her--by the time I do this, she's already raced across the room. I love her dearly, but she's so annoying in the morning!! Does anyone else have this problem and what are your suggestions?

berleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mindi~ I would have to say you just have a very happy playful little kitten! My kitten, Oliver, has his timing down to a T! My husband and I crawl into bed and by the count of 10 Oliver has dive-bombed the bed and is happily racing to find whoevers foot moves even the slightest bit! I think cats like feet because they are a non-stop moving cat toy!
I wouldn't punish the kitty for it, because you might be punishing her for playing. She's a growing kitten with lots of energy! She's been waiting ALL night to play
I am awaken each morning by my feet being attacked by Oliver, Serena keeps herself close to me so I can wake up to the soothing purring and Big Boy usually wakes me up by meowing his hunger command right in my ear!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It should last at least 4 more months. A year is when they seem to calm down a bit and the thought of getting kicked or stepped on by accident is not as appealing. It may only happen in spurts then. Just hang in there and enjoy kittenhood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mindi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's good to know she's "normal"--if that's even possible with a kitten!
I'm sure the time will come when I long for the days of hyper activity and feet nibbling!