At old house, missing my Bud extra!!!!!!!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m recovering from a bad MS flare up (attack) so I’m stuck at my mom’s house for at least another two weeks. (Fall risk insurance hoops.) My kitten/teen (17 months) is just fine at Nana’s (he visits every weekend for 2 days.)

So anyhow I’m back in the house where we used to live & with the cats that His friends. I just am feeling that empty hole he left more. 😢😢😢
I lost the first 5 years of photos in the divorce.

Salem was Rune’s cat so I wanted a kitten. At the time ironically I was looking for a playmate for Salem & Dante was a toy hogging bully. So my neighbor heard I was looking for a kitten. She asked me what kind and I said it didn’t matter if it was a grey tabby, It was a blind adoption so fate played a role. I got s barely weaned ?6? Week old kitten with giagantic bat ears. He grew and a couple weeks later I see Salem meowing for help & walking in slow circles as this wee punk kitten is biting his neck & hanging onto him .. his little legs dangling & no where near touching the ground!!! 🤣🤣🤣 I rescued Salem. Dante grew, in his terrorist ways, using Salem as a living toy. He grew worse and worse until st 4 months I let him go outside!!! It was magic how it calmed him down! So I trained him to stay within the yard/fence. It took a couple years to get him to be great at it, but in a couple of months my clever boy behaved with supervision. Then I divorced & moved in with my mom & he got a great big yard!!!

Dante got me through the worst year of my life when I was in agonizing pain (& no pain meds) waiting for my SSI to be approved and going through the devestation of a divorce from a man that I had lived with all I was. He earned his halo for that one! 😻

Dante’s favorite bird blind:
3D074138-48DB-481D-8754-FDEAEA39ECB0.jpeg
E77740E9-4ABC-4737-AE08-C02AF5C25FCB.jpeg
His favorite spot in my room
3104EAA2-9053-4CBE-84CE-02B7CEDC5721.jpeg
9250798E-5B73-44C7-BD49-B76A5FF28C5F.jpeg
How my Bud loved to destroy paper, ripping off a piece of newspaper & spitting it out, then attacking it again! Plus his big old bat ears!!!!
1AC8D7B9-7AE4-45C1-9659-306CB3067D65.jpeg

I miss his periscope tail of trouble! This is after 4 years when he finally decided to befriend my mom. Lots of treats were involved & she had to forgive my punk for bullying her senior declawed bottle baby.
FFD46C90-F3FD-4FF6-8E07-4908091AA431.jpeg
His love of hunting/stalking went to drawrf hamsters to.
D553D340-854A-4B2A-A51C-C4CF0790CF34.jpeg

Lastly even though he was ill (& hiding it at the time) he still opened his heart and became an uncle to three bottle babies. He buddied up and passed the punk torch to Jackie. In retrospect I’m amazed that he shared me with the baby minions without a complaint!!!!

1B8B992B-A412-427E-B85E-886868AE77B4.jpeg

I miss my hyper, toy hog, lap loving shadow and my best Bud ..... I may always miss him a little bit. Putting this together makes me think I need to make a picture book of his life story

470C0894-9489-4833-AB7B-389FAE47B9D9.jpeg

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your story of Dante. I can imagine that being where you are brings everything forward in your mind. You may have lost the photos but Dante and all other images are well tucked away in your heart. They are firmly fastened there.
The pictures are so cute. Stalking dwarf hamsters must have been great fun! (BTW I love the orchid picture above him) Your description of him as a little one and hanging off of Salem’s neck with short kitten legs dangling cracked me up! I could picture a Salem looking confused by the vampire kitten. Lol It sounds like a great picture AND story book. :hugs: Go for it! I loved your descriptions.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your pain but happy you have all those great memories to keep your little one alive in your heart. Dante is one of those loved ones who will forever occupy a special place in your soul, he is bound there by the love you both shared. Although you cry because he is gone, you can smile because he was there, those memories will continue to bring you comfort as you go through the rest of your life. his new journey will continue to parallel your own.
He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, continue to send him these happy thoughts as you reminisce, it will give his little heart peace to know he made you so happy. Live on as he would live, so content in being alive, discovering all the wonders of the world and being happy to be alive. As you would have him live if you were the first to go.
You shared a love that is rare, that is a treasure. To have known that love is a gift, a gift from his heart to yours, a gift that will be with you for eternity.......RIP dear Dante, you have done well......

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like Dante was with you for a reason, To help you in your worst year and become your heart cat. You'll always have your beautiful memories early photos are not important Sometimes they just have a special personality and purpose. R.I.P sweet Dante and Thakyou for giving your person all those reasons to smile.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Dante, dream you deep, Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I think you should make a picture book of his life. He was, is, and always will be a remarkable cat. You've reached the point now when the sweet memories far outweigh the bitter ones...or at least, most of the time, so it's an excellent time to do this. You'll laugh a bit, and cry a bit, and he will be next to you the whole time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your story of Dante. I can imagine that being where you are brings everything forward in your mind. You may have lost the photos but Dante and all other images are well tucked away in your heart. They are firmly fastened there.
The pictures are so cute. Stalking dwarf hamsters must have been great fun! (BTW I love the orchid picture above him) Your description of him as a little one and hanging off of Salem’s neck with short kitten legs dangling cracked me up! I could picture a Salem looking confused by the vampire kitten. Lol It sounds like a great picture AND story book. :hugs: Go for it! I loved your descriptions.
Thank you. My mom painted that painting & was kind enough to paint me a painting of Dante for Christmas.
073ED609-3138-4F80-92A8-C38A9A28ED11.jpeg
Plus I included pictures of Jackie. Yes he wears a problem child sweatshirt. I got him a Easter badana with a 🐣 on it. I do cat holiday pictures after loosing Dante. Yes I’m looking at a Hawaiian shirt for July 😉

Jackie is a twerp(or punk mild) but he like his Uncle Dante is usually on me or by me.

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! That painting of the orchids was beautiful but the one of Dante is just plain AMAZING! Super talented Mom!
Jackie must be a great comfort. I think the photos are darling. Problem child sweatshirt? :) A chick bandana? Aww. My BJ would like that. He is actually a cat that loves hats. I didn’t know that until he crawled under a hat and started purring. I think he feels snuggly under a hat. A nice nap spot. He also steals my glasses. I like my boy to be happy so if he wants my hat, it’s his! I kind of need my glasses though. We share.
It looks to me like Jackie is enjoying his life! Jackie is very photogenic and seems to find shirts snuggly places. I look forward to seeing the next photo!