At home euthanasia vs. vet's office

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Wasabipea.  I wish good things for your Roni.

Roger (my husband) thinks someone may have taken her in, and is keeping her as an indoor only cat.  I doubt it.  We live next to greenspace (not a public park, exactly, more an area that's deliberately allowed to grow wild) with a small stream running through it, and coyotes are endemic to the area.  There have been news reports that just a few miles from us they were jumping privacy fences to steal small pets from back yards.  She was 13, and had been an indoor only cat since we got her; there's no way she could have survived on her own, although she was friendly enough to have visited a neighbor, and conceivably could have taken refuge there.  But I've asked, and no one says they've seen her.

Every spring someone posts a lost cat sign on a light pole in our neighborhood, and it's always still there in the autumn.  That's because the cat is never found.

And every once in a while I'll hear a cat crying outside my window, and I always go check, and it's never her.

And I should have insisted on evicting the house guests who did it the minute I realized they were responsible.  It would have saved me from some physical abuse at the hands of one of them.  Live and learn.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea, with my Poncho - we lived close to a guy that kept a small bird sanctuary of types in his yard. Paoncho was an avid hunter. I think they guy did something nefarious to my little Poncho - he was so friendly, he'd go up to anybody. Of course, nothing could be proven. But one thing I did learn when I walked around with his picture asking the neighbors if they saw him... he was quite socialble and apparently went into everyone's house to say hi. He was a character.

Yea, live and learn.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is everything here with Roni? I've been away for a while and have been searching for a recent update. I hope all is well!

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Primula, here in Phoenix I had about 5 services to choose from. The one I chose was recommended by a neighbor. It was everything I had hoped it would be for my sweet Min. We will use the same service for Mik someday... hopefully the same vet will be able to do it. He was amazing.