Asthma--inhaler Not Affordable!

writingislove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone found a way, not including ordering from out of country, to make affording inhalers for feline asthma more affordable? My cat was recently diagnosed and of course I will do what it takes to take care of him, but I have a child with medical needs and it's going to be hard on us to spend $300 every two months on an inhaler. I'm so stressed about this. Can anyone offer any help??

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask the vet for a prescription that allows use of the generic. Shop around at different pharmacies. Try Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's, etc.---the warehouse clubs have to let non-members use their pharmacies for legal reasons.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

No, I've never had any issue whatsoever and I've used them a lot. There are several other members here who use them as well. I've never heard of any problems.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use NorthwestPharmacy.com
They had to stop taking credit cards and will only take checks now, but I haven't had any problems when I was stocking up on Stew's inhalers. I think they took 2-3 weeks to arrive.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can ask on this popular feline asthma group for where to buy the inhaled medicine affordably: Feline Asthma Yahoo Group

That's one of the popular international pharmcies the Feline Asthma Yahoo Group recommends.

Other suggestions to make inhaled medicines affordable:
  • Use a pet prescription drug card such as Free Discount Pet Prescription Drug Card Program - Pet Drug Card It's free to use. You just print the card out and give it to the pharmacist.
  • Do you use AAA for your car? If so, AAA has a prescription drug discount program and includes medicines pets need. I'm not sure how one signs up for it but Customer Service should be able to help.
  • Shop around for the lowest price. GoodRx.com is a good place to compare prices at local pharmacies.