Arts and crafts.

CatSitter86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey (hopefully I've put this in the correct section of the forum)

I'm a cross stitcher, interested to see if anyone else on here does it? Be lovely to see your work or hear about any you're working on.

I mainly do cross stitches to get signed at conventions I attend. I meet a lot of actors from TV shows and films, I want to get their autograph but no idea what to get them on, so I do cross stitches for them to sign.

Quite a few of them have taken photos of them on their phones (which is pretty cool). Some of the young kids (now adults obv) from the original IT each signed a cross stitch I made and took photos of them.

If it's OK to post my photos on here, I can show you some of my work. I don't do them to sell, just for myself.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds interesting! I don't do any cross stitching myself, but I'm sure lots of other people here do. We've had threads before about things people have made.

I'd love to see some pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatSitter86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am quite a fan of America, I'm aknown to be a nerd when it comes to the Country. I know State flags, State capitals even know the shapes of each State (that's a whole other weird thing) ha ha.

Anyways, my room is decorated in American theme. I've always wanted to do a big cross stitch project but I have very little patience. I get bored if a cross stitch isn't finished within at least a week. But then lockdown happened and I finally had that time to concentrate on doing one, so I did this one. Yet to be framed.
inCollage_20200906_125231055.jpg

CatSitter86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is fabulous, you must be so proud of yourself.
Thank you. Yeah, there was a lot of cursing during that making of that. Ha ha. So many diff shades of red and blues, my head was done in. But I look at it now and it makes me smile that I pushed myself and finished a lovely piece.

Don't think I'll be doing a big project again any time soon though.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used to cross stitch, back when I (and my eyes) were younger. Not sure if I could do the close up work anymore. I've got the few projects somewhere around the house. I'll try to find them sometime, and if I do, post pics.

V verna davies : those ones your Mum did are beautiful

CatSitter86 CatSitter86 : very cool

I also used to do hooked rugs, but those are long since gone. And I knitted a lot of sweaters, but none now for years. And a little bit of liquid embroidery when I was in my teens.

CatSitter86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is one of my faves I did. I was attending New York Comic Con and when I found out the three voices of the Animaniacs were going to be there, I just had to stitch these to gets signed.

Also, the woman who voices The Crazy Cat Lady in The Simpsons is the woman who did the voice for Dot.

So I've met the crazy cat lady. :hyper::hyper:

FB_IMG_1547765975607.jpg