Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the holiday wishes...
Artie was ok for Easter... Saturday, was another huge fur ball.. sigh

I am using some homeopathic drops, ingested, for the itching. I do not think it is siding him. He is still scratching. I do not see any improvement.

Artie has not had a good poop, all week. I began the drops on Thursday. He is having small cow patties.. nothing really formed. sigh...

I gave him a 1/2 pack of Sheba Salmon, on Thursday and Friday. He loved it. That was in addition to the Fancy Feast Classics, and the Fiber Response.

There was not enough of the Sheba to cause the soft stools--they are grey also..
Wondering if the homeopathic drops are affecting him?

Artie has slept during the day.. he is boycotting my lap, at night.. I miss him on my lap. I go over to pick him up, placing him on my lap.. he slides down to in-between my legs...stays for a short period of time, and then, leaves..

Artie does sleep with me. If not immediately when I get into bed, he will find me dying the night. I woke up at 3:30AM, with him right up agains my legs. I had to turn over; he ended up on the opposite pillow.

It is almost as if he is guarding or "protecting me" from the unknown. Or is he afraid of being alone?

His food intake has been about the same: perhaps 3/4 - 1 small can of FF,
around 1/4-1/3 cup of FR dry, and occasionally a half pack of Sheba or Nutro..

He is not gaining weight. I think he has lost a few ounces.. sigh...

Right now, his tummy is full, he did a small cow pattie when I got up, he peed, he is set for a while.. Artie is curled up on my bed... and it is 7am!!
:grouphug::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::lovecat2:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy, Just checking in on Artie and especially you. I know yesterday was a less than desirable day for you, I'm hoping today is a better day. We have terrible weather and I'm glad to be off with the winds and rain, we're hunkered down relaxing and binge watching. Hope you're able to do the same. Best always, Hope Check in when you can.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All.. Artie is a bit constipated.. He had some very tiny cow patties the few days before; so I discontinued the miralax. I am trying to stay away from the really junky food; however, he is craving it. It contributes to his scratching/grooming/ fur loss..

Yesterday, it was just 3 -- one inch segments of hard poop.. sigh.. here we go again..

I gave him 1/2 can of Purina.. and loaded him up with miralax yesterday and this morning. I also opened a can of Fancy Feast Kitten Turkey.. it contains chicken. dam.

He is not liking his food today. He wants the junk..and treats.. not going to get them..

Artie was very cuddly last night.. extremely cuddly.. he has not be that way for a while..
I cherished him being on my lap.. just like old times.. Wonder if it is because he was not feeling well and wanted me... his security.

Today is still an overly anxious day, for me.. too much going on.. too much to worry about, which will change my life- next year.. and not for the better... cannot go into details.. I am an emotional wreck about things.. Things will be changing dramatically, and not for the good... I feel as though I was a 'stupid' victim of someone taking advantage of me; or their own agenda... and I knew it.. my gut feeling.. but it was too late to stop it from happening, once I completely came to my senses and realized it.. I did not understand what was going on at the time.. gave permission for something, and now it will affect the rest of my life... beginning next year...

Artie is my constant. Without him, I do not know how I would be taking things. He is my focus.

I guess I have to just focus on today.. on the now... and seeing what will happen next year, when things happen... and then try to do some damage control--if I am able to...
At this point, All my plans for my future are gone.. all of it, beginning next year.. And there is not a darn thing I can do to prevent it.. just have to plan accordingly when the new year comes around...

Hate having this hang over my head..

I cannot go into detail about this on the internet.. no way..

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, your words concern me. Please know we are not only here for Artie but for you too.

Take good care of YOU. ARTIE is Artie and will eat and leave you a gift soon enough. However, you are no good to him if you don't get mental rest as well as physical. I'm guessing it will be hard, but please try.

Xo Hope

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, your words concern me. Please know we are not only here for Artie but for you too.

Take good care of YOU. ARTIE is Artie and will eat and leave you a gift soon enough. However, you are no good to him if you don't get mental rest as well as physical. I'm guessing it will be hard, but please try.

Xo Hope
:yeah:

I'm not going to say I know what you're going through but I do understand the overwhelming at times, worry and anxiety. One positive thing, although hard to see it now, is that you have until next year to regroup and refocus on a plan of action. Second, you have Artie and he has you. It might help just a little if you got yourself a journal and wrote it all out and then either decide to keep it or destroy it. Might bring a little peace to you, it does for me. Take care now Cindy, we're all rooting for you and Artie.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only imagine what you are going to face beginning next year, and it scares me!
Are you definitely sure there's no escape from that "threat"? There's always a solution.
Over here we use to say that there's an escape to everything except taxes and death, so unless it is one of those two things, you will find a solution!
Fingers and tails crossed for Artie and you!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All.. Artie is a bit constipated.. He had some very tiny cow patties the few days before; so I discontinued the miralax. I am trying to stay away from the really junky food; however, he is craving it. It contributes to his scratching/grooming/ fur loss..

Yesterday, it was just 3 -- one inch segments of hard poop.. sigh.. here we go again..

I gave him 1/2 can of Purina.. and loaded him up with miralax yesterday and this morning. I also opened a can of Fancy Feast Kitten Turkey.. it contains chicken. dam.

He is not liking his food today. He wants the junk..and treats.. not going to get them..

Artie was very cuddly last night.. extremely cuddly.. he has not be that way for a while..
I cherished him being on my lap.. just like old times.. Wonder if it is because he was not feeling well and wanted me... his security.

Today is still an overly anxious day, for me.. too much going on.. too much to worry about, which will change my life- next year.. and not for the better... cannot go into details.. I am an emotional wreck about things.. Things will be changing dramatically, and not for the good... I feel as though I was a 'stupid' victim of someone taking advantage of me; or their own agenda... and I knew it.. my gut feeling.. but it was too late to stop it from happening, once I completely came to my senses and realized it.. I did not understand what was going on at the time.. gave permission for something, and now it will affect the rest of my life... beginning next year...

Artie is my constant. Without him, I do not know how I would be taking things. He is my focus.

I guess I have to just focus on today.. on the now... and seeing what will happen next year, when things happen... and then try to do some damage control--if I am able to...
At this point, All my plans for my future are gone.. all of it, beginning next year.. And there is not a darn thing I can do to prevent it.. just have to plan accordingly when the new year comes around...

Hate having this hang over my head..

I cannot go into detail about this on the internet.. no way..
:grouphug::alright::grouphug2::hugs::redheartpump::lovecat2::hearthrob::touched:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is still an overly anxious day, for me.. too much going on.. too much to worry about, which will change my life- next year.. and not for the better... cannot go into details.. I am an emotional wreck about things.
First, let me say I hope Artie recovers from his current episode of constipation. :crossfingers: Second, I'm terribly sorry for what occurred in your personal life and respect your privacy, i.e. not wanting to go into details. However, I hope it won't change your caring, compassionate personality. You have put others before yourself and now it's time to take care of Cindy. I bet if Artie could talk he'd tell you the same exact thing. Hug him tight and we will all pray your circumstances next year work out for the better. :grouphug:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you to all for your caring. I will try to be brief..

Things are going to be very bad for me, next year.. this year is in turmoil and costly, but next year will be even worse.. and the next several years.. financially and emotionally...I really do not know how I am going to survive.. just did a stupid thing, without thinking things through--too trusting.. and now it is affecting my entire life, financially... but, another story..

Any way... Artie..
Artie has been a love. He is really my unofficial emotional support animal.. Have to get him officially declared that..

I loaded him up with all the poop stuff I could find.. as there was no poop on Wednesday and the other days were hard small pieces.. he did have some episodes of 'cow patty squirts' the days before.. He has not had a Megapoop in a very long time. He needs to do that..

The last poop was only 3- One inch hard pieces.
He was given: extra miralax, some treats, colace, and some of the junk food..

It worked this morning.. He had a 5 x 1 inches of 'gel' passed gas and then went into
a 2 x 3 inch blob of poop... pancake..

Cannot seem to find anything to regulate him, as I did before. I am trying to not use the junk/chicken additive food as a laxative, because he scratches so much.. but it seems I do..

He also vomited a fur ball this morning.. right after giving him his pepcid and cisapride.
sigh..

He has been so good, over this episode of mine.. talking a lot.. just kind of a grumpy "hrump' to let me know he is here. He is cuddling at night.. almost as if he is my protector...

I am trying some homeopathic allergy drops for him. He hates the taste. I do not blame him. I add water to the syringe, so it is a bit diluted.. he is still getting it in him.
Do not feel that is aiding him at all....

chamomile tea is out.. he would have to take a daily bath in it..
Chamomile is also in the ragweed family, and I am allergic to ragweed..

I did take a quick walk.. about 20 minutes.. before the rain/snow get here. Artie is in his tent..

Now to take a quick shower and off for church..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your personal situation. Besides the worry, you must devastated that someone you trusted took advantage of you. I hope things won't be as bad as you fear, and also that you have someone to lean on for support and advice. :hugs: :alright: :hugs:

Glad your soul-kitty, Artie, is doing what he can to make you feel better. :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have to get him officially declared that..
It's an easy process. I think I actually have a form letter, or a link for one, somewhere. Let me know if you want it, and I'll do some digging.

Chamomile is also in the ragweed family, and I am allergic to ragweed..
Well, DRAT AND DARN! That's a shame. And a cup of it would do you wonders if not for the allergy thing!

HUGS, Darlin. You know where to find me.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I got snookered in by a financial guy who had an agenda.. do not know why I trusted him, this year.. I never did in the past.. I was told by several people, one a shrink, that I need to truly trust the people I have picked out as my 'Professionals' and not question what they do/suggest...

I had been dealing with this financial guy for several years. I was always careful..this year, I was not.. I trusted.. I believed all the good things I heard about him... but, he had his own agenda, which was not in sync with mine. In January, he said he 'knew' what my plan was.. but this week, he said he was not aware... maddening.. too late to do anything.. I signed, I agreed-- with a sick stomach feeling.. and I got screwed...

Against my better judgement, I did just that.. absolutely forgetting what my main focus was this year, how all the proposed changes would seriously effect me..
Now, I am going to pay all the penalties; beginning next year.. this year is for trying to cut back a bit, to save a tiny bit.. Just cut my cable bill, by $10..savings of 120

My hair, (luxury) will have to grow out into gray.. I cannot afford to color it, anymore..
Cut, yes, color-no... that will save me 850 per year.

Now, I am planning on pretty much being penniless in a couple years.. I have to move..
Emotionally, I am not equipped to so within the next 6 weeks--when my lease is up. I the a ton of purging to do.. and to find a clean cheap place~~ well, it will not be in this
zipcode.. I have no idea where that will be..

Thinking I may end up with a studio, basement apartment, or a first floor.. until I spend down all my income, and have to live in my car...
Then I can go on welfare... and probably a homeless shelter...

Notice, how Artie is not in this .... I will not be able to afford his care.. I will do my best to try.. but... I am so scared.. scared, depressed....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I got snookered in by a financial guy who had an agenda.. do not know why I trusted him, this year.. I never did in the past.. I was told by several people, one a shrink, that I need to truly trust the people I have picked out as my 'Professionals' and not question what they do/suggest...

I had been dealing with this financial guy for several years. I was always careful..this year, I was not.. I trusted.. I believed all the good things I heard about him... but, he had his own agenda, which was not in sync with mine. In January, he said he 'knew' what my plan was.. but this week, he said he was not aware... maddening.. too late to do anything.. I signed, I agreed-- with a sick stomach feeling.. and I got screwed...

Against my better judgement, I did just that.. absolutely forgetting what my main focus was this year, how all the proposed changes would seriously effect me..
Now, I am going to pay all the penalties; beginning next year.. this year is for trying to cut back a bit, to save a tiny bit.. Just cut my cable bill, by $10..savings of 120

My hair, (luxury) will have to grow out into gray.. I cannot afford to color it, anymore..
Cut, yes, color-no... that will save me 850 per year.

Now, I am planning on pretty much being penniless in a couple years.. I have to move..
Emotionally, I am not equipped to so within the next 6 weeks--when my lease is up. I the a ton of purging to do.. and to find a clean cheap place~~ well, it will not be in this
zipcode.. I have no idea where that will be..

Thinking I may end up with a studio, basement apartment, or a first floor.. until I spend down all my income, and have to live in my car...
Then I can go on welfare... and probably a homeless shelter...

Notice, how Artie is not in this .... I will not be able to afford his care.. I will do my best to try.. but... I am so scared.. scared, depressed....
Well, you sure can't do without Artie and he can't do without you. That's just fact.
I'm so sorry about your situation. Our Beloved Creator gives us our intuition for such a good reason -- it could also be called a Divine Voice speaking within us, and we need to trust it. Human beings, not so much, usually, I've found. I'm not saying "never trust anyone" -- just that we have to be very, very careful.
It must seem as if this is very scary and irreparable, but one thing we can always take from bad experiences is learning. Learning what not to do, or say, or whatever.
Each of us has different experiences. I've been extremely fortunate -- much more so than most -- in that the choices I've had before me were mostly "referred" to me, if you will, by others far wiser than myself, who had my best interests at heart. I elected to go with them, and they have proven very good. But no life is 100% perfect, I know.
One thing that has happened is that I have had to rethink my lifestyle and what/where/how I spend. I didn't think I could, but of course I have, and I'm actually happier/more content in many ways than I was before. There are just so many things I don't need! and basically I'm just buying the basics -- food, clothes and shelter, and not so much on the clothes, because I keep mine when they're good and so I have plenty. Of course costs go up all the time and that can be a problem. I've mapped out carefully what I really need and what is a luxury, so that if I have to cut something I know exactly what it will be. And many things can actually be negotiated if one knows how, like entertainment, IT, etc.
In my case, it's actually much cheaper to keep my home than it would be to rent. Your situation is different and I pray you will be able to find a good place where you AND Artie will be able to live and be happier than you are now. And you can do your hair at home, you know. It may take a lot of rethinking and adapting, but try not to panic -- put your faith Where it belongs, and know that you and Artie are Loved. :vibes::hangin::redcat::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We love BOTH of you, Darlin, and we are here.
:yeah:

I was told by several people, one a shrink, that I need to truly trust the people I have picked out as my 'Professionals' and not question what they do/suggest...
I'm surprised the shrink told you that; it's a very poor choice of words.

Trust is a hierarchy, and here's how it's supposed to work:
  1. Trust yourself, and trust your instincts.
  2. Choose the professionals you hire based on both research you've done and your instincts.
  3. Then and only then do you trust those professionals.
If you find your instincts saying that one of those professionals is no longer trustworthy, listen to your instincts. I won't say that they'll never guide you in the wrong direction, but saying that you've hired someone so you need to "truly trust" him when your instincts are screaming "NO!" at you is telling you to lie to yourself, and no shrink should ever say that to you.

And anyone who advises you not to question is advising idiocy. Always question. Questioning is how you achieve understanding, and you need to understand in order to make good decisions.

We're here for you, and we'll do everything we can think of to help out. I'll PM you with more.

Margret

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I'm so sorry this happened! Hopefully Boston is like Upstate NY, they won't let you live in your car. You go to social services and they assign you a caseworker who helps you figure things out. They can probably even find you an apartment that allows pets. Please don't give up, plenty of us have money problems, especially in this economy. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, I too agree with all of the above.

I think we here on TCS are extremely resourceful minds. We can help guide you towards the light. There are so many resources you can apply for.

Artie stays with you, no questuon. I think you need him more now than ever. And well, quite frankly he can't be without you.

Things will work out. Keep yourself hydrated, fed and Get Sleep, it's important.

We are here for you. Best, best, best always Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.