Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am here!! on the new site! Beautiful!!

Artie Update:
I contacted the N Vet yesterday afternoon. His secretary listened to my VM, contacted the N Vet, and returned my call; all within 20 minutes!!!! Amazing!! :)

I am still in LOVE!! with them.

I am giving Artie 1/4 tablet of Cyproheptadine and 1/2 of a Cerenia.
It did the trick yesterday. He is eating more normally.

I got a new script for the cypro, will pick that up today. The Cerenia is going to be mailed to me.

The N Vet said we can easily see Artie sooner than the 28th.. I cannot make it in there this week, so his secretary is going to work with me about next week.. In Love!!!

Artie POOPed yesterday, about 7 x 1/2.

Yes, I am giving in and feeding him a different food. He loves the ZiwiPeak Lamb. And he will eat the Red Barn Lamb.. Both these foods are rated pretty high, so I do not feel all that bad about them. They do contain mussels, so I am trying to be judicious with it.

Artie did eat his Hound & Gatos lamb last night. He ate well, but refused it this morning; Back to the Red Barn..

Gotta go, start my very busy part of the week...:D

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Life is all good in your house! ;) What can be better than Artie pooping, eating his food and NVet setting up an appointment?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it would be better if I did not have to medicate Artie with cypro and Cerenia, in order for him to eat...sigh.. but he IS eating!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today's update:
Artie did poop last night.. and again this morning!! :)
I think it is the change in food again.. and he peed a ton yesterday! I think the sub-q's went right through him.

I am still giving him 1/2 of a Cerenia daily, and 1/4 of a cypro twice a day. This, along with the change in food is making him eat normal. He will eat some of the H&G as long as he has some of his new food, along with it. Sigh.. such a High Maintenance cat!

The N Vet prescribed 50 cypro tablets... it was expensive, but this will last a lifetime!! ;)

Artie sat on my lap last night, while I was reading a book. I have not done that for a long time. I had classical music on the radio. It was nice and relaxing.

I set my alarm for very early because this is a pedicure morning!!! Have not had one for a few years..
It will be a long day. Mass tonight.
I am wondering if I will be able to last all day, without a nap...o_O

It is cooler today, 45 degrees!! brrrr I will have to wear flip flops..Brrrrrrr:eek:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to read that Artie has found a new balance in his eating/pooping matter :)
Enjoy your busy day, hopefully Artie will sort himself while you're out. Are you going to leave some music playing for him so not to make him fell alone?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today's update:
Artie did poop last night.. and again this morning!! :)
I think it is the change in food again.. and he peed a ton yesterday! I think the sub-q's went right through him.

I am still giving him 1/2 of a Cerenia daily, and 1/4 of a cypro twice a day. This, along with the change in food is making him eat normal. He will eat some of the H&G as long as he has some of his new food, along with it. Sigh.. such a High Maintenance cat!

The N Vet prescribed 50 cypro tablets... it was expensive, but this will last a lifetime!! ;)

Artie sat on my lap last night, while I was reading a book. I have not done that for a long time. I had classical music on the radio. It was nice and relaxing.

I set my alarm for very early because this is a pedicure morning!!! Have not had one for a few years..
It will be a long day. Mass tonight.
I am wondering if I will be able to last all day, without a nap...o_O

It is cooler today, 45 degrees!! brrrr I will have to wear flip flops..Brrrrrrr:eek:
45 degrees?? That's downright arctic in my world! :eek:

YAY Artie!!! :D

I'm glad that you are treating yourself to a pedi. You deserve something special. Take a nap. Naps are great. I recommend them to everyone.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You. Yes the 1/4 of cypro, twice a day is really increasing his appetite. No need at this time to give him the entire prescribed amount of 1/2 twice a day. That was prescribed by the Evil Hospital..

Thanks for taking the time and effort to find this thread. I really appreciate it.

The Pedicure was awesome. Wow.. so relaxing. I have not had one for years.

I do not normally leave music playing, when I leave the house. I only do it, if I know I will be gone for a long time; if Artie seems kind of nervous; if there is noise in the apartment building; or if I go out at night.. For short trips during the day, I do not bother.

This is an "oldie" picture from about 4 years ago. I was checking out how to post a picture..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You. Yes the 1/4 of cypro, twice a day is really increasing his appetite. No need at this time to give him the entire prescribed amount of 1/2 twice a day. That was prescribed by the Evil Hospital..

Thanks for taking the time and effort to find this thread. I really appreciate it.

The Pedicure was awesome. Wow.. so relaxing. I have not had one for years.

I do not normally leave music playing, when I leave the house. I only do it, if I know I will be gone for a long time; if Artie seems kind of nervous; if there is noise in the apartment building; or if I go out at night.. For short trips during the day, I do not bother.

This is an "oldie" picture from about 4 years ago. I was checking out how to post a picture..
Beautiful pic of Artie! He looks very regal. Hope he is doing well (you, too -- sounds like you are!) Had quite a time finding you here on the new platform. Glad I did. I always leave music on when I leave the house (classical non-commercial station I usually listen to daily) because it is calming for the cats and can be good security-wise. Doesn't cost much for those benefits, either. ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey, Lovie. I didn't forget about you, I was just a little lost with the new site, and SO much happening around here! I'm thrilled that Artie is eating! I know you hate having to medicate him for appetite, but thank God there are meds that will work, and N Vet is such a precious Lamb!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think the site is having issues with pictures. I cannot post any...that is ok...

Last night, Artie was really missing me while I was at church. When I came home, he was right at the door, greeting me. He followed me all over the apartment while I was changing my clothes and getting things together. He was stuck like glue to me. I even left the drapes open a bit, so he could look out, had left some lights on (night lights) and left the classical music station the radio.

He has pooped 4 days in a row! I think it is the change in food, again. Today was a bit drier, and only 5 x 1 inches.

Artie was cuddling me this morning... so sweet. He was waking me up also.

He has been eating over one 5 oz can of food daily, since I started giving him the cerenia, the cypro and a rotation of food.
I hope the mussels in the food are not affecting this heart murmur..or arrhythmia. sigh..
Artie has so many issues. It seems whatever I do, one of them gets affected..

I have not weighed him since Monday. I will try either today or tomorrow.

One thing, though; Artie does not want to play anymore! He is bright, alert, caring, following me around, fighting his meds.

I will hear from the N Vet's secretary next week regarding an appointment. Since Artie is now eating well, I will check to see if the N Vet wants to see him next week or to keep the regularly scheduled appointment on the 28.. I do not want to be a pain to them-- they are so good.

Artie will have to fend for himself most of the day, again.. off to cemetery this morning and then to Church this afternoon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the site is having issues with pictures. I cannot post any...that is ok...

Last night, Artie was really missing me while I was at church. When I came home, he was right at the door, greeting me. He followed me all over the apartment while I was changing my clothes and getting things together. He was stuck like glue to me. I even left the drapes open a bit, so he could look out, had left some lights on (night lights) and left the classical music station the radio.

He has pooped 4 days in a row! I think it is the change in food, again. Today was a bit drier, and only 5 x 1 inches.

Artie was cuddling me this morning... so sweet. He was waking me up also.

He has been eating over one 5 oz can of food daily, since I started giving him the cerenia, the cypro and a rotation of food.
I hope the mussels in the food are not affecting this heart murmur..or arrhythmia. sigh..
Artie has so many issues. It seems whatever I do, one of them gets affected..

I have not weighed him since Monday. I will try either today or tomorrow.

One thing, though; Artie does not want to play anymore! He is bright, alert, caring, following me around, fighting his meds.

I will hear from the N Vet's secretary next week regarding an appointment. Since Artie is now eating well, I will check to see if the N Vet wants to see him next week or to keep the regularly scheduled appointment on the 28.. I do not want to be a pain to them-- they are so good.

Artie will have to fend for himself most of the day, again.. off to cemetery this morning and then to Church this afternoon.
Sounds like there's nothing wrong with Artie's appetite, so I'm hoping for some weight gain next time you check! and a good vet visit, too. Wishing you both a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.