Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats has ever liked whitefish, I don't think. Salmon is definitely a high-quality fish and since it's rich in oils, it is probably helpful to Artie's alimentary system.
Yeah, it's quite a challenge getting the amount and frequency of each of the meds right, isn't it? That's GREAT that he's gained a lot of his weight back, don't you agree? It was exciting to read that.
Here's to a healthy, happy, thriving 2018 Artie! and a happy, confident, positive 2018 Cindy! With Artie's health team and his Army, you definitely have a lot of support in your corner! :yess::redcat:
Surprisingly, Artie has been eating the whitefish!! amazing. I gave him the leftover, dry, Fiber Response food, as a choice. I guess that dry food is, in his mind, just for nighttime grazing!!

He has eaten about 3/4 small can of food this morning.. good for him.. He pooped, so he has room for food.

I found a few cans of food, which I bought yesterday, in the trunk of the car.. The food has to be frozen!! It was 2 degrees when I woke up... OMG... guess I am giving him one of the cans, later today and tonight. I put the other 2 cans in the refrigerator for tomorrow, and the next day.. They are the meat foods.. plan on giving them late in day and night so I can try to mix some of the prescription food in with them. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

I do not want to waste the food, by keeping them in the refrigerator, they can slowly thaw out. It was 12 degrees when I found them.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Surprisingly, Artie has been eating the whitefish!! amazing. I gave him the leftover, dry, Fiber Response food, as a choice. I guess that dry food is, in his mind, just for nighttime grazing!!

He has eaten about 3/4 small can of food this morning.. good for him.. He pooped, so he has room for food.

I found a few cans of food, which I bought yesterday, in the trunk of the car.. The food has to be frozen!! It was 2 degrees when I woke up... OMG... guess I am giving him one of the cans, later today and tonight. I put the other 2 cans in the refrigerator for tomorrow, and the next day.. They are the meat foods.. plan on giving them late in day and night so I can try to mix some of the prescription food in with them. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

I do not want to waste the food, by keeping them in the refrigerator, they can slowly thaw out. It was 12 degrees when I found them.
Good boy, Artie! I’m glad to hear that he’s enjoying the whitefish and is pooping!
:clapcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, there couldn't be any problem with the food and that sounds like a great plan.
And as someone, somewhere once wisely said, "One never knows with cats" :winkcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is loving any salmon cat food, Fancy Feast beef and the chopped grill--these I can mix a bit of the W/D food at night, because they are meat based. Cannot do that with the fish. Wish I could get him away from the fish... but at least it is salmon..that is a bit better for him, with the Omega stuff..

I gave him a can of Purina white fish, this morning.. he is refusing it!!!! OMG!!! When I leave, I think I will leave out the leftovers of the dry food from last night..

I was planning on giving him Purina Beef with veggies tonight.
:crackup:I think that Artie thinks that he is Jonathan Gold. Have you had any odd phone bills to the Los Angeles Times here lately?

I found a few cans of food, which I bought yesterday, in the trunk of the car.. The food has to be frozen!! It was 2 degrees when I woke up.
ARTIESICLES!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ~~ you are so sweet; so kind to us.. (hugs)

Artie did a ton of poop last night!! I mean a ton!! Thin and soft, but a ton of it.. It kept coming out, and out.. a total of 10 inches!!! It was pretty soft, especially at the end.
He had it in 2 spots, adjacent to each other!! I was there, so I know it was from the same episode..
I said to him, "What a Good boy you are! Good Boy!".....and then he ran out of his bathroom, after I wiped his bummy..

Last night, I mixed some of the prescription W/D with his beef Fancy Feast ~~ no go!!!
It worked for one night, then he caught on to my deceit!! He did eat a good amount of the dry Fiber Response food~~ about 1/3 cup..

Artie was on the extra pillow on my bed.. as is his current favorite spot to be while I sleep. He was on my lap last evening while I was watching TV.

Busy day: Artie has a nice clean litter box, rugs, and bathroom. Also washed a bunch of scatter rugs.. starting to take the Christmas Decorations down. I wanted to shake the rugs out the window, but it has been so cold, that the windows are stuck!! At least the screen is.. I was so dumb!! I did not think of opening the OTHER side of the window!!

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

I ended up shaking them out in the bathroom, sweeping up the litter, then vacuuming the leftovers... man, I make too much work for myself. :headshake: :frustrated:
Artie was just watching me...
He did have to 'christen' his clean litter box, as soon as it was in place...a nice big pee..

Because of my Swiffering, laundry, cleaning his box and bathroom; Artie did not get much rest today. He is now sleeping.. In fact, when I returned from throwing out he plastic bags of junk in the dumpster, Artie was at the door, waiting for me!! Such a sweet boy!!
:runningcat:and ran when I opened the door!!! crazy cat!!:lovecat2: :catrub:

so far, no poop; no stool softener, no extra miralax... just normal stuff today.. reminds me, I am late giving him his mid day med.

:gingercat2: my Artie Cat!!!!:chessirecat: :caticon:

Now, since I have quieted down a bit, he is sleeping in his tent. :sleepycat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That is exactly what I am doing.. music blasting, Cinnamon Spice candle lit, the battery powered candles are on, dusk is settling in... Artie is sleeping..
I took a nice, long, hot shower.. in my clean pj's, having some eggnog (which I will regret later~but took lactaid pills with first sips)....nice, peaceful time of day...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ~~ you are so sweet; so kind to us.. (hugs)

Artie did a ton of poop last night!! I mean a ton!! Thin and soft, but a ton of it.. It kept coming out, and out.. a total of 10 inches!!! It was pretty soft, especially at the end.
He had it in 2 spots, adjacent to each other!! I was there, so I know it was from the same episode..
I said to him, "What a Good boy you are! Good Boy!".....and then he ran out of his bathroom, after I wiped his bummy..

Last night, I mixed some of the prescription W/D with his beef Fancy Feast ~~ no go!!!
It worked for one night, then he caught on to my deceit!! He did eat a good amount of the dry Fiber Response food~~ about 1/3 cup..

Artie was on the extra pillow on my bed.. as is his current favorite spot to be while I sleep. He was on my lap last evening while I was watching TV.

Busy day: Artie has a nice clean litter box, rugs, and bathroom. Also washed a bunch of scatter rugs.. starting to take the Christmas Decorations down. I wanted to shake the rugs out the window, but it has been so cold, that the windows are stuck!! At least the screen is.. I was so dumb!! I did not think of opening the OTHER side of the window!!

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

I ended up shaking them out in the bathroom, sweeping up the litter, then vacuuming the leftovers... man, I make too much work for myself. :headshake: :frustrated:
Artie was just watching me...
He did have to 'christen' his clean litter box, as soon as it was in place...a nice big pee..

Because of my Swiffering, laundry, cleaning his box and bathroom; Artie did not get much rest today. He is now sleeping.. In fact, when I returned from throwing out he plastic bags of junk in the dumpster, Artie was at the door, waiting for me!! Such a sweet boy!!
:runningcat:and ran when I opened the door!!! crazy cat!!:lovecat2: :catrub:

so far, no poop; no stool softener, no extra miralax... just normal stuff today.. reminds me, I am late giving him his mid day med.

:gingercat2: my Artie Cat!!!!:chessirecat: :caticon:

Now, since I have quieted down a bit, he is sleeping in his tent. :sleepycat:
Have you looked into that Blue Buffalo Wilderness ROCKY MOUNTAIN RECIPE Red Meat Feast? It does have some chicken, so maybe not. My three LOVE it. Again, not sure if it has ingredients Artie can't have, and it is pretty expensive, but it is so worth it to watch their enthusiasm! and it's grain free.
Oh, I've done stuff like that with windows, too; our house is 80 years old and it has wood, double-hung window frames that can be kind of temperamental.
Sounds like you've had a great day so far! Wishing you both a beautiful CATurday afternoon/evening and a great SUNday!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I feel as if I accomplished so much!! not as much as I was hoping for, but considering how out of shape I am, I feel as if I made a dent is what needed to be done.. Now I can tackle the rest of the things, on other days, this week... a bit at a time.. at least, it is started.

I do this to myself: instead of keeping up with things, I let them go, and then become a human hurricane, trying to clean, pick up, etc....and end up getting exhausted... and physically hurting...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I feel as if I accomplished so much!! not as much as I was hoping for, but considering how out of shape I am, I feel as if I made a dent is what needed to be done.. Now I can tackle the rest of the things, on other days, this week... a bit at a time.. at least, it is started.

I do this to myself: instead of keeping up with things, I let them go, and then become a human hurricane, trying to clean, pick up, etc....and end up getting exhausted... and physically hurting...
Yeah, I do that on some things, too, like dusting. For some reason, I LOATHE dusting. But I like to dust when something makes me mad, upset, or frustrated. I loved dusting when I was small and I used to "help" my mom with the house work. But now, it has to be one of the above states for me to do it. The rest of the work I do in increments and I keep up with it so I don't get too sore/tired. I used to do it all in one day. Now I do the vacuuming in one day and cleaning the hard surface floors, bathrooms, and sinks on another day. ;) Wash day is Monday.

Have a good evening/night, you two!:D:redcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I feel as if I accomplished so much!! not as much as I was hoping for, but considering how out of shape I am, I feel as if I made a dent is what needed to be done.. Now I can tackle the rest of the things, on other days, this week... a bit at a time.. at least, it is started.
You definitely ended 2017 on a high note. Now you're ready to usher in 2018. All the best for a Happy and, most of all, Healthy New Year!!! :beerchug:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again.. woke up early for mass... nose stuffy, smelling poop.. Artie was up against my side, which is strange, because he has been sleeping on the pillow..

Got up, put on light; found a huge piece of poop on my pillow, which I had smooshed...OMG!! Gag... stink, smell!! :argh:

Immediately took the pillow case off.. wiped off the poop, and sprayed Natures Miracle on it... I smelt like poop!! Could not find any on me.. Have to remove the pillow case cover and wash it also..
I had Just washed my hair late yesterday... Have to wash it again!!:cloudy:

Went into kitchen: poop smears all over the place. I could see exactly where Artie sat and then he did the bum scoot on the kitchen floor!! OMG :bawling2:

Everywhere I looked, I found a smear.. or a spot the size of his rectum...:argh:

Tried to go back to the bedroom, saw spots all over the laminate floor..

I spent 20 minutes just spot cleaning... washed hands several times.. as soon as I washed them, I saw another spot....

Nothing in litter box.. this was a good size piece of poop on the pillow: at least one inch...

Know what I am doing as soon as I come back from Sunday Mass: Stripping bed, quick vacuum, and a quick wash of the floors... sigh... and washing the quilt also...

My bedroom still stinks!!

I cannot get that 'dirty' feeling off of me... :bawling2: :bawling: :argh:

Artie cannot help it, but jeesh... Not what I wanted to wake up to....

Trying to get him to poop in the litter box, but he refuses to go....

On another note:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again.. woke up early for mass... nose stuffy, smelling poop.. Artie was up against my side, which is strange, because he has been sleeping on the pillow..

Got up, put on light; found a huge piece of poop on my pillow, which I had smooshed...OMG!! Gag... stink, smell!! :argh:

Immediately took the pillow case off.. wiped off the poop, and sprayed Natures Miracle on it... I smelt like poop!! Could not find any on me.. Have to remove the pillow case cover and wash it also..
I had Just washed my hair late yesterday... Have to wash it again!!:cloudy:

Went into kitchen: poop smears all over the place. I could see exactly where Artie sat and then he did the bum scoot on the kitchen floor!! OMG :bawling2:

Everywhere I looked, I found a smear.. or a spot the size of his rectum...:argh:

Tried to go back to the bedroom, saw spots all over the laminate floor..

I spent 20 minutes just spot cleaning... washed hands several times.. as soon as I washed them, I saw another spot....

Nothing in litter box.. this was a good size piece of poop on the pillow: at least one inch...

Know what I am doing as soon as I come back from Sunday Mass: Stripping bed, quick vacuum, and a quick wash of the floors... sigh... and washing the quilt also...

My bedroom still stinks!!

I cannot get that 'dirty' feeling off of me... :bawling2: :bawling: :argh:

Artie cannot help it, but jeesh... Not what I wanted to wake up to....

Trying to get him to poop in the litter box, but he refuses to go....

On another note:
Well, that's a not so pleasant way to wake in the morning. I'm glad Artie is pooping just not like that. It's probably far too cold to open a window? I'm glad you don't have carpet or that could've been much worse. Both of you take care. And have a Happy New Year.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys for keeping us in your thoughts.
We are doing ok.. Artie is still eating, playing... and pooping!

Over the Christmas holiday, I guess I was afraid of Artie getting constipated, because I was not home, so I think I gave him too much miralax. I was getting, large presents, smears, junk all over the place. He was not comfortable either: tons of gas.

I cut back on the miralax and eliminated the colace for a few days~~ what happened? He did not poop for 2 days!! Back to the colace and miralax.. He pooped 7 x 1/2 inch this morning. A bit soft at the end, so cutting back on the miralax a bit, and no colace today.

I am thinking, that this month is a guessing game with the new protocol and his junk food eating. I am thinking about giving the colace, every other day, while keeping the miralax constant.. Just a thought..

Artie is playing.. in fact, after he got his first meds, and his food, he was ready to play with his ball... I was having my coffee..

I finally had to stop, brush him, and play a bit. Currently, he is on the coach.. waiting for me to get up... He is loving any salmon cat food, Fancy Feast beef and the chopped grill--these I can mix a bit of the W/D food at night, because they are meat based. Cannot do that with the fish. Wish I could get him away from the fish... but at least it is salmon..that is a bit better for him, with the Omega stuff..

I gave him a can of Purina white fish, this morning.. he is refusing it!!!! OMG!!! When I leave, I think I will leave out the leftovers of the dry food from last night..

I was planning on giving him Purina Beef with veggies tonight.

He is eating about 1/3 of the prescription Fiber Response food, during the night. Grateful for that.. it has the extra fiber that he needs.

Artie has taken to sleeping on my pillow.. I know I am a restless sleeper.. so this is ok, until I turn and get a face-full of fur!!! The past few days, he has come over to me, before I physically get out of bed, when I call his name... and then he follows me around the house, opening things up... talking to me..

A few days ago, I weighed him. He is back to 10.1 lbs.. he feels heavy, but I guess I was getting used to his low weight of 9.4 lbs. So glad he has regained a bit.

Really need to start putting away the Christmas stuff, cleaning, and trimming Artie's claws... he hates that, especially the back ones.. those are a real battle..but I manage.

Artie is back to being very vocal~~~ we are constantly talking to each other!! so strange, but I think it is so cute.. between his meows, hrumps, trills when he jumps on my lap or bed, and me trying to imitate him...well, if anyone heard us, they would definitely think I needed a padded cell....
:heartshape: That padded cell would apply to all of us also!:wavey: So happy he has gained weight :clap::clap2: The only wet food Gypsy will eat is FancyFeast Garvey Lovers. At least the 1st ingredient is meat. Here's wishing Artie and his army a wonderful 2018. Happy New Year :celebrate::beerchug::party::party3: :drinking::dazzler::jive:

Status
Not open for further replies.