Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Artie and his Issues

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by artiemom, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Well, he didn't cough for long, so that's good, anyway. And half a can of beef with water added? GOOD man, Artie! We'll take all the GOOD we can get in Artie's Army! :yess::redcat: and we wish you both a good evening/night!

2. nansiludie

nansiludie TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 14, 2014
    So glad for a good update on Artie. Hopefully his coughing was just due to him eating too fast. I am glad he's playing like a kitten. :clap2:

dustydiamond1 and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

3. Antonio65

Antonio65 TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 27, 2017
    Orbassano - Italy
    Random coughing shouldn't be worrying. It can happen, and like @nansiludie said, maybe it was becasue he ate too fast.
    Of course, with a long weekend in the way, we get extra nervous about our little one.
    Your vet will be in on Tuesday. Over here Tuesday is still holiday! :confused:

dustydiamond1, artiemom and tarasgirl06 purraised this.

4. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    I'm more inclined that it means that he played like a maniac all day because he felt good, then wanted to cuddle with you at bedtime, because at bedtime, that feels good, too!

And then successfully coughed it back up. Um...I did that with a hot dog last night. Just swallowed the wrong way, and everything got stuck till I could cough it up to a better position!

dustydiamond1, tarasgirl06 and artiemom purraised this.

5. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Stopping by to wish ARTIE man and Cindy a wonderful holiday filled with good food, good health, comfort, warmth, and joy! :evergreen::fallsmiley::redcat:

6. dustydiamond1

dustydiamond1 Minion to Gypsy since October 2016 Top Cat

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Illinois, USA
    Wishing Artie and his Army warmest wishes for a :santa:Happy Christmas :evergreen::deer:and a Merry New Year:party3::beerchug: :celebrate:

tarasgirl06, Mamanyt1953, rubysmama and 3 others purraised this.

7. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I'm also stopping by to wish our darling little sweetheart Artie and his favorite girl Cindy a very merry Christmas and a bright, healthy, happy new year! :hugs: :vibes: :heartshape: :catrub: :santa: :deer:

tarasgirl06, Mamanyt1953, rubysmama and 4 others purraised this.

8. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Merry Christmas!

Mamanyt1953, rubysmama, artiemom and 2 others purraised this.

9. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    Merry Christmas to Cindy, Artie and his Army

Mamanyt1953, Kat0121, rubysmama and 2 others purraised this.

10. artiemom

artiemom Thread Starter Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart Top Cat

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    Sending Happy Christmas wishes to all...((hugs))

love Cindy and Artie

tarasgirl06, Mamanyt1953, Kat0121 and 5 others purraised this.

11. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    Right back at ya! The very happiest of holidays to your ginger boy and you. :santa: May the New Year usher in happiness and good cheer. :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06, Mamanyt1953, abyeb and 3 others purraised this.

12. LotsOfFur

LotsOfFur What greater gift than the love of a cat. Top Cat

Jul 13, 2015
    Texas
    Merry Christmas to you & Artie! :redcat:

dustydiamond1, artiemom and Mamanyt1953 purraised this.

13. nansiludie

nansiludie TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 14, 2014
    Merry Christmas to you and Artie. :santa:

14. Mamanyt1953

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Merry Christmas to two of my favorite folks, one with two feet, one with four! HUGS!

Hey. Dis be Hekitty. Furry Meowry Krismouse!

tarasgirl06, Antonio65, LotsOfFur and 6 others purraised this.

15. AbbysMom

AbbysMom At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I feel the need to say Happy one year Anniversary to this thread. It's been a rollercoaster for you for sure, Cindy, but it's a year later and your boy is still with you. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06, artiemom, LotsOfFur and 7 others purraised this.

16. dustydiamond1

dustydiamond1 Minion to Gypsy since October 2016 Top Cat

Jan 24, 2017
    Central Illinois, USA
    :celebrate: :party2:

artiemom, rubysmama, abyeb and 1 other person purraised this.

17. Mamanyt1953

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    GOODNESS YES!
    upload_2017-12-26_14-24-49.jpeg

tarasgirl06, artiemom, LotsOfFur and 5 others purraised this.

18. neely

neely TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    :yeah: I echo what @AbbysMom said, Happy 1 Year Anniversary! And here's to another year of good health with intermittent visits from the poop fairy. :beerchug:

Mamanyt1953, tarasgirl06, artiemom and 3 others purraised this.

19. artiemom

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    Thank you all so much for the happy wishes..

Looking back, who would have even thought we would still be here, a year later..
    It has been a year of many tears, joys, love and support from everyone here at TCS... There are so many people I want to thank, I cannot remember all... It is due to this entire community..

Mostly, @Anne for allowing me to have this thread going for as long as it has... Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I honestly do not know what I would have done without the support and love from this community..and advice..and NVet has come into our lives because of this website.. and helped keep Artie alive. I will always be grateful for that..

I have made many new friends here. I feel as if I can discuss anything..and express my feelings: good, bad, indifferent, and receive love in return...

thank You all so much!!!

IMG_0569.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017

20. artiemom

Dec 22, 2014
    near Boston
    On to an Artie Update:

I took a long break from the web.. I was exhausted from Christmas and all.

I think Artie was glad to have me home, doing nothing. He has been having soft poops, cow patties, and leaving a ton of one inch 'presents' and smears all over the place.

I cut out the colace (stool softener) for a couple of days. I was so afraid of doing so, because NVet was not in, for a week--personal reasons, and the holiday was here. I may have overdosed him a bit with the miralax.

I cut out the miralax for one day.. back to normal last night and today. Will give a colace today ~~ his stool yesterday was turning harder; and no poop this morning.. which is unusual. He usually poops as soon as I get up.. he wakes me up for poop!!!

Artie was in good spirits yesterday. I spent the day, sitting on my butt, binge watching a TV series..
    Artie was just hanging out...

I really need to get him back into eating the prescription food, at least on a rotational basis, with the junk food. He is eating too much fish.. but he cannot have chicken...I am staying away from it. I tried venison--no go; I tried duck yesterday--good initially, but then refused.. sigh..

Left out a choice of the end of the Fancy Feast Classic salmon, along with some Fiber Response Dry food and a bit of the W/D wet.. he ate them all.. so, going to try the same tactic tonight..

I bought some chunky food, by mistake.. turkey.. Artie lapped up the juice, leaving the meat...even with me trying to mash it up...sigh..

Going out today for a luncheon date with a friend.. do not really want to go.. too much overindulging over Christmas... but she is insisting.. so I have to go..

Have to see if my car will start.. It is freezing cold outside, 14 degrees when I woke up.. I forgot to run the car yesterday.. will try soon.

Artie is sunning himself... waiting for me to give him his steroid, and then brush and playtime...

love to all..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.