Artie 1 Year This Afternoon

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here, typing, in front of a picture of Artie.. with 2 candles lit.. having a drink to celebrate his life.

I cannot believe it has been exactly a year.. to the minute that he has left this world.

My Artie, my Soul Kitty.. my one and only.. my love..

I miss you so much.. Artie, do you know that? Do you know that no one else will ever replace you..in my heart.. You broke my heart.. You are a piece of my heart.. a part of me was lost, after you left...You knew me so well.. I swear you knew me better than I knew myself.. You became a part of me.. and me a part of you.. I tried to save you.. I really did...

I hope I was a good guardian for you.. no, not Mom.. never mom.. a guardian. You came into my life at a time when I was desperately alone. You gave me unconditional love, from the moment you came into my life..

You jumped on my lap that first night, purred, the love came out of you.. never stopping. You were always there with me.. at my lowest points.. just loving me; making me laugh so many times, and cry.. but that is what love is all about.. You never left me.. You greeted me each day when I came home.. Yes, you told me off many times.. but the love was always there..

When I broke my arm.. you never left me.. You were constantly with me.. on my lap.. never leaving.. only to use litter box and to eat...

When I had bronchitis, you were there with me.. The only way I realized I was a bit improved was when you started leaving me alone for a bit.. not long but a bit.. You were my NURSE.. my love... You sensed things about me, better than I knew myself.

I tried, I really did try to be a good guardian. I really did.. I am so sorry for inflicting pain and yes, terror into you at times.. but it was to keep you as healthy as I could~~ and to make you better...No matter how it hurt, how scared you were, you always came back to loving me.. and me, you.. love never failed as far as you were concerned...

I always felt we were given to each other, for a reason.. a predestined reason.. a Match from Above... I will never forget that connection; I believe it whole heartedly..

I miss you.. I miss our conversations. I miss your purring, I miss your cuddling.. on my lap..
and always near me.. You were so good to me and for me.. I hope I was good to you...

I tried so hard to help you.. Did I try too much.. Did I overdue the Vets and meds.. I am so sorry for what I put you through.. Was it too long? Did you leave me too early? I wish I knew..
Were you ready to leave? Was there something I missed, lacked.. if there was, I am so sorry..

I never wanted to cause you any pain.. any suffering.. I tried to help.. as much as I could..
I hope you, at least, understand and forgive for all the horrible things I did to you...

So many things have happened to me, over this past year. It is really incredible, if you think of it... I am selfish when I say this, but..I do not know if I could have gone through so many upheavals in my life, if you were around~~ but then, I say to myself, so many times --almost daily..... "I wish Artie was here.".." I miss you".. but I know, in my heart, that you could not have survived what has occurred.. at least not without some more issues.. You had so many: IBD, MegaColon, dental, heart arrhythmia, hypercalcemia-at one point, spot on lung.. and who knows what else.. I do not think the turmoil would have been good for you.. but I miss you.. so much.. You endured so much.. and I did put you through so much.. Was I selfish? Was I hasty with the last day? Should I have tried more? Did I make things worse for you? Did I care you more suffering? Did I jump too early for medical intervention?? All these things are unanswered questions/thoughts, in my mind..

You were my first cat; as an adult.. Did I treat you wrong? Did I torture you? My love, I am so sorry if I did...

You will always me my soul kitty.. I will never forget you.. You are a part of me...

I now have Geoffrey. He is so different from you. I tell him about his, "Uncle" Artie.. He is not a lap kitty. I miss that.. but he does love me.. I adopted him in November, just before my birthday.. I hope that is ok.. He has his issues also.. but I try.. I tell him all about you.. I do not know if he hears/understands me.. but I do know he loves me, as much as he can.. nothing like you..

We are in a different apartment.. yes, all remnants of you are gone.. except for you bodily remains.. which is on my dresser.. with a picture of you.. I see you every day.. many times.. I also have a couple of pictures around.. I saved some of your favorite toys for Geoffrey; but he does not want them. He wants his own toys. I cannot part with the last vestiges of you.. I miss you..

Artie.. so much fun we had.. on the balcony, watching TV together, brushing you.. playing with you~~~ Playing 'Chase" was so much fun.. hide and seek..throwing your sponge ball around, with you chasing it.. always looking out the windows.. You on your favorite cat tree..
OMG.. you were a best friend to me..

The hiding spots in the boxes, the paper bags, Your special TENT.. I will never forget them.. You were such a special kitty.. You were bonded to me.. and I was so bonded to you.. I miss you..

Artie, my love... I hope you are happy where you are.. I hope you are with parents; especially my mom.. They would love you so much.. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.. playing.. and have your 'tent'.... sunshine, sponge balls, paper bags, boxes... I hope you are happy were you are, and surrounded by love.. Because that is all you ever gave me...

I miss you... and always will...
Love,
Me......

IMG_0148.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6e8.jpeg
IMG_0540.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6b8.jpeg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here, typing, in front of a picture of Artie.. with 2 candles lit.. having a drink to celebrate his life.

I cannot believe it has been exactly a year.. to the minute that he has left this world.

My Artie, my Soul Kitty.. my one and only.. my love..

I miss you so much.. Artie, do you know that? Do you know that no one else will ever replace you..in my heart.. You broke my heart.. You are a piece of my heart.. a part of me was lost, after you left...You knew me so well.. I swear you knew me better than I knew myself.. You became a part of me.. and me a part of you.. I tried to save you.. I really did...

I hope I was a good guardian for you.. no, not Mom.. never mom.. a guardian. You came into my life at a time when I was desperately alone. You gave me unconditional love, from the moment you came into my life..

You jumped on my lap that first night, purred, the love came out of you.. never stopping. You were always there with me.. at my lowest points.. just loving me; making me laugh so many times, and cry.. but that is what love is all about.. You never left me.. You greeted me each day when I came home.. Yes, you told me off many times.. but the love was always there..

When I broke my arm.. you never left me.. You were constantly with me.. on my lap.. never leaving.. only to use litter box and to eat...

When I had bronchitis, you were there with me.. The only way I realized I was a bit improved was when you started leaving me alone for a bit.. not long but a bit.. You were my NURSE.. my love... You sensed things about me, better than I knew myself.

I tried, I really did try to be a good guardian. I really did.. I am so sorry for inflicting pain and yes, terror into you at times.. but it was to keep you as healthy as I could~~ and to make you better...No matter how it hurt, how scared you were, you always came back to loving me.. and me, you.. love never failed as far as you were concerned...

I always felt we were given to each other, for a reason.. a predestined reason.. a Match from Above... I will never forget that connection; I believe it whole heartedly..

I miss you.. I miss our conversations. I miss your purring, I miss your cuddling.. on my lap..
and always near me.. You were so good to me and for me.. I hope I was good to you...

I tried so hard to help you.. Did I try too much.. Did I overdue the Vets and meds.. I am so sorry for what I put you through.. Was it too long? Did you leave me too early? I wish I knew..
Were you ready to leave? Was there something I missed, lacked.. if there was, I am so sorry..

I never wanted to cause you any pain.. any suffering.. I tried to help.. as much as I could..
I hope you, at least, understand and forgive for all the horrible things I did to you...

So many things have happened to me, over this past year. It is really incredible, if you think of it... I am selfish when I say this, but..I do not know if I could have gone through so many upheavals in my life, if you were around~~ but then, I say to myself, so many times --almost daily..... "I wish Artie was here.".." I miss you".. but I know, in my heart, that you could not have survived what has occurred.. at least not without some more issues.. You had so many: IBD, MegaColon, dental, heart arrhythmia, hypercalcemia-at one point, spot on lung.. and who knows what else.. I do not think the turmoil would have been good for you.. but I miss you.. so much.. You endured so much.. and I did put you through so much.. Was I selfish? Was I hasty with the last day? Should I have tried more? Did I make things worse for you? Did I care you more suffering? Did I jump too early for medical intervention?? All these things are unanswered questions/thoughts, in my mind..

You were my first cat; as an adult.. Did I treat you wrong? Did I torture you? My love, I am so sorry if I did...

You will always me my soul kitty.. I will never forget you.. You are a part of me...

I now have Geoffrey. He is so different from you. I tell him about his, "Uncle" Artie.. He is not a lap kitty. I miss that.. but he does love me.. I adopted him in November, just before my birthday.. I hope that is ok.. He has his issues also.. but I try.. I tell him all about you.. I do not know if he hears/understands me.. but I do know he loves me, as much as he can.. nothing like you..

We are in a different apartment.. yes, all remnants of you are gone.. except for you bodily remains.. which is on my dresser.. with a picture of you.. I see you every day.. many times.. I also have a couple of pictures around.. I saved some of your favorite toys for Geoffrey; but he does not want them. He wants his own toys. I cannot part with the last vestiges of you.. I miss you..

Artie.. so much fun we had.. on the balcony, watching TV together, brushing you.. playing with you~~~ Playing 'Chase" was so much fun.. hide and seek..throwing your sponge ball around, with you chasing it.. always looking out the windows.. You on your favorite cat tree..
OMG.. you were a best friend to me..

The hiding spots in the boxes, the paper bags, Your special TENT.. I will never forget them.. You were such a special kitty.. You were bonded to me.. and I was so bonded to you.. I miss you..

Artie, my love... I hope you are happy where you are.. I hope you are with parents; especially my mom.. They would love you so much.. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.. playing.. and have your 'tent'.... sunshine, sponge balls, paper bags, boxes... I hope you are happy were you are, and surrounded by love.. Because that is all you ever gave me...

I miss you... and always will...
Love,
Me......

View attachment 286057 View attachment 286058 View attachment 286059 View attachment 286060
So very sorry for ure loss..So very sorry for ure kitty leaving way too soon...Handsome boy:cloud9::alright::angel::catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My God, has it been a year since Our Boy left us? It seems only last week that Artie's Army was rallying around, and only yesterday that we said "We'll meet again!" to him. Hek must know how this affected me...she just crawled in my lap, which is rare. My heart with yours, Darlin. Always.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He was so handsome, looks very similar to our old boy Simba the "Lion King", and I am sure that he knows that whatever you did was for a reason and that reason was love, you did the best that you could with what you had to deal with and he knows that. He is fine now, just fine, and when you see him again it will be such a joyous reunion.

God Bless......:alright: :angel: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always felt we were given to each other, for a reason.. a predestined reason.. a Match from Above... I will never forget that connection; I believe it whole heartedly.
It was kismet! Artie and you were perfectly matched and your relationship worked so well. :heartshape: His love and devotion to you lives on both in your tribute and in your heart. :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, touching tribute to such a sweet, beautiful little soul! I could feel the love and anguish pouring from the page, these anniversaries are there to remind us of our loved ones but also bring back a lot of pain.
Artie knew he was loved, and to him that was his everything. Everything you did you did out of love and concern and he knew that. He is at peace knowing he shared a love with the one he loved the most and that love will continue on through your precious memories forever. He will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers, a love that strong does not just disappear, it is spiritual, so eternal. The 'essence' of that sweet boy, what made Artie who he is, will forever surround you with his love. He will live on through you now, helping you through the tough times, and sharing your joy in the good. He will never be gone as long as he has you to remember and love him, his love grows even stronger as your love for that new little one, Geoffrey, grows over time. Because you allow his love to grow, to spread into your world by sharing it with another. To add to it, not replace it. Each love you add resides in your soul, it is the nourishment that helps it grow and brings you happiness and teh joy taht makes life worth living.
My heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is to get through missing a little one so very much. It tears a big hole in our existance, and it takes a long time to fill that nothingness with something that brings you joy instead of pain. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't get lost in the darkness along the way. It takes an amazing amount of work and concentration to get through grief, but it is worth it, it is one day at a time......May God bless you all.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...my friends..

Last night I did go out to a jazz concert..in my building.

What happened with Geoffrey was a bit strange.

Geoffrey was waiting for me, meeting me at the door; as Artie used to do.

I still had a flameless candle going on the table, in front of Artie's picture.

I have another picture of Artie, on the bottom shelf of the entertainment center.

Geoffrey went up to Artie's picture, sniffing it. He did this a few times..It was almost as if he was giving Artie a kiss...

He has not done that before. I found the coincidence, kind of ironic... and sweet..

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Cindy! Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little boy. I miss the stories about him, but am so glad he is now at peace and no longer in any kind of pain or ill health. I'm certain he is watching over you and Geoffrey. Take care! :touched:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Many cats may pass through our lives as time marches on, but "Once in a blue Moon" there is that very special one. Such was Artie! He was that one in a million, and you were both fortunate to find each other.

In my lifetime, I have been blessed to have had three cats choose me to be their "special person". Though all three of those fine little gentlemen are long gone, I shall be eternally grateful to all of them. I think of them most every day!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Geoffrey went up to Artie's picture, sniffing it. He did this a few times..It was almost as if he was giving Artie a kiss...

He has not done that before. I found the coincidence, kind of ironic... and sweet..
A very wise woman, whose name escapes me, once said, "Coincidences are God's way of being anonymous." Not coincidence...a subtle message.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you...my friends..

Last night I did go out to a jazz concert..in my building.

What happened with Geoffrey was a bit strange.

Geoffrey was waiting for me, meeting me at the door; as Artie used to do.

I still had a flameless candle going on the table, in front of Artie's picture.

I have another picture of Artie, on the bottom shelf of the entertainment center.

It isnt a coincidence i beleive Artie was trying to let you know that he was there withyou through geoffrey. And told geoffrey to look at arties photo to point out that Artie is here.

Before Leo passed away first , my other cat MC would only sit infront of the house and never the backyard. She was very different to Leo. Leo was a lap cat and loved affection and belly rubs , MC was very indepenant would run if picked up. When Leo passed away MC suddenly liked staying in the backyard, and she would sleep in the same spots that leo slept at all the time, she would sleep in the bed that he slept in, and she started meowing like him for food at the door, didnt mind being picked up and sat near me on the steps were leo did evey morning and night. It was like Leos soul in Mcs body. Sadly she passed away 3 months after Leo did, you could tell that she was looking for him at times and she was depressive like she was lost and lonely :( She deteriorated in 4 days from being bright and healthy for a 19ish 20 year old cat, to a cat that looked misserable :( I know Leo and Mc is around me. And i have seen it and experienced a few things that isnt coincidential and i have put some of them in the forums . Artie is around you and geoffrey and he is letting you know that you are not alone.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your tribute to Artie on this unwelcome one year anniversary was so beautiful, so heartfelt. It brought tears. All here who followed this dear boy's courageous journey are lovingly remembering with you.

Artie is indeed a legacy on this site. Your unwavering love and devotion, combined with Artie's strong spirit are an inspiration to all of us.

Artie will forever live on in your heart as he will in ours.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you are happy were you are, and surrounded by love.. Because that is all you ever gave me...
Artie was one of the first cats I learned to know whan I joined TCS, I remember I read through the whole long thread, it took me days, and he was and still is one of my favourite sweet faces here.
I loved that look in his eyes. Yes, he was so sweet.
RIP Artie, you left a huge void in this world and in your Mom's heart!