Articles, new comments issue

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! In the What's New;
I am able to see new/unread Media comments, and new/unread Showcase comments. I'm also able to tap on the "You May Read All The Latest Comments" option for each of these, and get results.

However, I'm not seeing new/unread comments for Articles, -- Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 just posted a new comment to an Article today.
She is not seeing the new Article comment that I posted yesterday, in her new/unread Article comments of What's New.
Also, I'm getting no results when I tap on the "You May Read All Latest Comments" option for Articles.

In addition, while a notification for the comment I posted on a Media item shows in my content list, there is no notification in my content list for the Article comment that I posted yesterday.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The articles are now set up on a separate platform, which is bridged into the Forums platform. This should give us much better tools to get better, prettier articles, which will hopefully appeal to search engines too. However, this does mean not all features work there as they would in the previous platform (which was an actual part of the forum software). We will look into this specific aspect and see if it can be easily addressed, so thanks for bringing it up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anne Anne , would it be possible to have the article comments listed so that the latest posted comment shows up right under the article, as it was before the site upgrade? I'm not sure but I think this would be considered descending order?

Thank you!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Anne Anne , would it be possible to have the article comments listed so that the latest posted comment shows up right under the article, as it was before the site upgrade? I'm not sure but I think this would be considered descending order?

Thank you!!
Good catch! And that was an easy issue to fix. :thumbsup: