article

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure exactly where this should go - here since it is about me, in showing or grooming because of the subject matter. Late last night I received a text from one of the editors of a silver and golden Persian breed magazine, The United Silver and Golden Fanciers Quarterly. It seems that they are going to publish an article I wrote on show grooming a golden Persian. The magazine is put out by the club of the same name and does not usually accept non member submissions so when they approached me I was surprised. I used to be a member, but dropped out when I stopped showing. The bad thing is that I will not get the magazine since I am not a member. Kind of a lame thing to be proud of I guess, but at least even though I am not involved with the show world any longer it gives me satisfaction to think that maybe I have helped someone succeed in showing their cat to the best advantage.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs There is no reason why you cannot respond to the message telling you that your article will be published in their magazine and tell them that you want a copy of that issue. In fact, when I'm approached to reprint an article I often request a year's gratis membership. Why not? It doesn't cost them anything like paying a writer's fee.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I sincerely hope you can get at least one or two copies of the magazine. It definitely doesn't hurt to ask and if you succeed please let us know. You're obviously well respected for your grooming talent and appreciated by other Silver and Golden Persian Fanciers.
Good luck! :goodluck: