Arthritis And Hemprx - Has Anyone Used It?

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, My cat arthritis in her hips. I tried Cosequin and she had GI issues so I had to stop giving it to her. Her vet suggested HempRX. Has anyone tried the HempRX? Please let me know how your cat responded to this treatment. Thanks, Amy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome. The HempRx was recommended by her vet. I’m lucky to have both tradition and holistic care at the clinic. Plus it’s a half mile from my home. I I wanted to try something natural for Fulffy before putting her on some potent prescription medication. Some days she seems stiffer than others. This morning she is up playing with her toys, last day and an half she was hiding.

I hope you get good results with your CBD treatment. I have early onset arthritis myself an chronic pain sucks.
Your kitties are beauties.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Disclaimer: I use VetCBD, which is a marijuana derived CBD oil only for sale and legal in California, for arthritis in Links leg. It conforms to human testing regulations and has an olive oil base. He is a younger cat, 4.5 years old, and has arthritis as the result of a bad break two years ago that was recently confirmed with x-rays. Link has been on the treatment for one month with a once a day dose at half the recommended dose amount; I may up the dose later but since his does contain a trace amount of THC I am starting low to prevent a "high". All this said, my experience may be different than yours.

Link has had marked improvement. I have noticed him moving around slightly better, less hesitant in jumping and walks smoother. Prior to the CBD oil he was very careful stepping down and would find a way to climb around instead of jump. We had assumed it was because he broke his leg falling and was being cautious of re-injury; I now realize it was more likely due to pain. I think he was grumpier and less inclined to be pet on his body because of the arthritis as well. I say this because he has been more inclined to being pet as well since starting the treatment. I actually am not sure if an increase will be needed but likely will try a little more to see if he has more improvement.

I am also giving my girl, Rocket, just two drop (about third what Link gets) to help with her behavior. She had started becoming aggressive towards our other male and is a very skittish cat. She hasn't been as aggressive towards the male and seems to be slightly calmer. I am not using it for any major effect with her but just for a minor calming effect. If I didn't already have it for Link I probably would have tried calming treats instead.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have any idea what ingredient in Cosequin caused your cat's GI issues? Glucosamine, chondroitin, or perhaps one of the 'inactive' (filler) ingredients? Green lipped mussels (one brand name: Super Snouts) is used for arthritic conditions in cats, and can be purchased without glucosamine or chondroitin. You just have to know whether your cat has an allergy to shell fish - if so, it would not work for you. I have not tried it but have had a couple of people tell me they have used it and gotten good results. I know it is available on line.

I am about to try Glyco Flex Plus for my older cat. It contains green lipped mussels (GLM), but it also has glucosamine and chondroitin in it just like Cosequin. If either of these ingredients are the culprit behind your cat's GI problems, it wouldn't work either.

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any idea what ingredient in Cosequin caused your cat's GI issues? Glucosamine, chondroitin, or perhaps one of the 'inactive' (filler) ingredients? Green lipped mussels (one brand name: Super Snouts) is used for arthritic conditions in cats, and can be purchased without glucosamine or chondroitin. You just have to know whether your cat has an allergy to shell fish - if so, it would not work for you. I have not tried it but have had a couple of people tell me they have used it and gotten good results. I know it is available on line.

I am about to try Glyco Flex Plus for my older cat. It contains green lipped mussels (GLM), but it also has glucosamine and chondroitin in it just like Cosequin. If either of these ingredients are the culprit behind your cat's GI problems, it wouldn't work either.

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Disclaimer: I use VetCBD, which is a marijuana derived CBD oil only for sale and legal in California, for arthritis in Links leg. It conforms to human testing regulations and has an olive oil base. He is a younger cat, 4.5 years old, and has arthritis as the result of a bad break two years ago that was recently confirmed with x-rays. Link has been on the treatment for one month with a once a day dose at half the recommended dose amount; I may up the dose later but since his does contain a trace amount of THC I am starting low to prevent a "high". All this said, my experience may be different than yours.

Link has had marked improvement. I have noticed him moving around slightly better, less hesitant in jumping and walks smoother. Prior to the CBD oil he was very careful stepping down and would find a way to climb around instead of jump. We had assumed it was because he broke his leg falling and was being cautious of re-injury; I now realize it was more likely due to pain. I think he was grumpier and less inclined to be pet on his body because of the arthritis as well. I say this because he has been more inclined to being pet as well since starting the treatment. I actually am not sure if an increase will be needed but likely will try a little more to see if he has more improvement.

I am also giving my girl, Rocket, just two drop (about third what Link gets) to help with her behavior. She had started becoming aggressive towards our other male and is a very skittish cat. She hasn't been as aggressive towards the male and seems to be slightly calmer. I am not using it for any major effect with her but just for a minor calming effect. If I didn't already have it for Link I probably would have tried calming treats instead.
P

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks for all the information I am doing my research thank you. glad it’s helping your kitties

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks

AmyFluffyMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I will see if those fillers are in her supplement. I wouldn’t have thought of that