Arm and Hammer litter fragrance free - packaging error - my cat will not use it

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I opened a 40lb box of Arm and Hammer Super-Scoop litter. It was suppose to be the "fragrance free" type. While I was pouring it into Teddy's box this horrible perfume smell hit me and made me gag. The company made a packaging error. He went in the box, but refuses to cover it up because of the perfume smell... I don't blame him!

Just so you don't make the same mistake, the box look like this, but doesn't say "Extra Value" on it. The lot number is YYO 341 7.

litter.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to contact the company. They like to know when mistakes were made so they can fix/prevent them, and they'll probably toss you a few coupons too.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you sure it's a mistake? We bought the lite weight fragrance free litter
-- it was not fragrance free. Cat would not go in the room with it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have has that happen before. Ask for a refund, empty and wash out the box and maybe try a different brand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
Be sure to contact the company. They like to know when mistakes were made so they can fix/prevent them, and they'll probably toss you a few coupons too.
Yes, I did that. They said they were sending coupons in the mail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have has that happen before. Ask for a refund, empty and wash out the box and maybe try a different brand.
I always use the Arm and Hammer Fragrance free brand. This was the first problem I've had with it.