Are your cats vocal? What kids of sounds do your cats make?

Novus888

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Zuko is extremely vocal! He definitely lets you know at all times what he’s doing and where 😂😂

That being said, he never really meows. The only time is if he is shut out of the room I’m in, he’ll stand at the door and let out the most pathetic meows you’ve ever heard until I open the door for him to join me. Most of the time, the sounds he makes range from a chicken, a raptor, to a human baby, the sound he makes most is almost the same tone as a whiny toddler when he’s just chatting away. It’s very hard to describe his noises. I’ve heard him trill quite a bit and purr, and I’ve seen him chatter at birds, but I have no idea what to call most of what he does.

He’s my first cat so I was kind of surprised by the fact he talks so much but rarely “meows”
Buddy is mostly on 'silent running'. Since he never purrs, I had thought his vocal chords was damaged. About a month ago he started yowling to wake me up, which was loud enough to cut through my silicone earplugs. A week or so ago he just stopped. Now he only does a squeaky meow when I'm setting out his food.

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a male Bengal Boy and he does not shut up, you only have to give him eye contact and he talks back lol

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola, my recently adopted girl loves to communicate. She will answer whenever you talk to her and keeps up a dialog of meows throughout the day. If there is something she wants or needs you will hear about it in her loudest cat voice.

Willow, who has been with me for eleven years, communicates mostly in close mouthed moans and whimpers. Once in a while I do get a soft meow so I know she can but they are rare.