Are You A Picky Eater?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
52109870_10156930446845119_4474076821041709056_n.jpg

I got eight. I gave myself a point for mayo, tomatoes and mushrooms although I've been giving them a little more leeway lately.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Six here--no animal products since I'm vegetarian. I counted kombucha since I've never had it before and of course RAISINS top the list! :lol:

I hate raisins.png

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Somebody tell me what Kombucha is. I never heard of this.
Raw fish is the only one that I can say for sure I will not eat it. I am not a picky eater. Growing up, we ate what we had whether we liked it or not. My family was poor and we were taught to thank God every meal.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All 3 of mine are in a row. Brussel sprouts, raw fish and oysters. I've never tried kombucha but would. I don't like yellow mustard but do like spicy mustards so I didn't include that. I'll add cilantro to mine just because it should have been on the list. :headshake:

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 22 :paperbag: In my defence, at least 17 of those are out of my control because of medical issues (either meds related or my stomach just can't digest them). Most of the plant based items I either like or love, but just can't eat them without major repercussions. Only exception is olives - I OD'd on them a few years ago, and now the mere thought of them turns my stomach :barfgreen:

The only other preference based no-nos are the animal products - mayo, blue cheese, oysters, raw fish and shrimp.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Two: Raisins and raw fish. I’m not too picky, but there are a few other things I don’t like that aren’t on the list. Oatmeal, for example, has a nice flavor but an appalling consistency that reminds me of...never mind. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two: Raisins and raw fish. I’m not too picky, but there are a few other things I don’t like that aren’t on the list. Oatmeal, for example, has a nice flavor but an appalling consistency that reminds me of...never mind. :)
There are things that I don't like that are not on the list too. I'm with you on the consistency of oatmeal. No thanks

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a picky eater. I would eat everything on that list except for oysters, shrimp and raw fish. I would not eat them because I am vegetarian.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
13, but some are for medical reasons. Might be 14, since I have no idea what Kombucha is. However, I would try it at least once.

Edit: Just looked it up. It's an alcoholic tea. Nope, don't do alcohol. So my total on this list is 14.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How many points do we get for each spelling error we spot? :D
I see two: Brussel Sprouts and Osyters.

And, I guess with 11 foods I won't eat, I'm a picky eater.

I also have never heard of kombucha.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
14 I knew I could be picky.

I looked up kombucha. It is a black or green tea fermented with a specific type of bacteria and is supposed to have health benefits. I don't think I want to try it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kumbucha is a fermented drink, with a lot of probiotics. It has a little alcohol due to the fermentation but it's not much (less than overripe fruit!). It tastes like vinegar, IMO. I don't LIKE it but I also don't hate it and will have a bit now and then to encourage gut health.

I won't eat shrimp. Nope. Sea bugs. I hate the texture. I also don't really like oysters but will have them in a chowder or mixed seafood dish. But not slurped off the shell, no way. Gross.

Other than that I guess I'm not picky!

My dad is super picky. There are like 5 things he'll eat. His parents forced him to eat things he didn't like when he was a kid and it backfired in his case. If he doesn't like what's served he will absolutely not eat at all. When he was in the Navy he'd come home from deployments 30 pounds lighter. At least I didn't inherit his pickiness!

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
14 I knew I could be picky.

I looked up kombucha. It is a black or green tea fermented with a specific type of bacteria and is supposed to have health benefits. I don't think I want to try it.
I had to look it up, too. I'd heard of it because I have friends who drink it, but I didn't really know what it was made from. Now I'm curious and will probably pick some up just to try it. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll say three -- black olives, kombucha, and dark chocolate. i simply don't do chocolate (it's the caffeine in it), and have never liked black olives. kombucha has alcohol in it, so that's not going to happen.

beans are something i need to be very careful with. i can have hummus (chickpeas), but really have to avoid other beans.