Are wolf spiders dangerous to cats?

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Title is self explanitory. I have a big ole’ wolf spider roaming my bedroom (which is in the basement), which is the room where my Simon stays. I have arachnophobia (really any bugs tbh), so I have to summon up the courage to kill this son of a gun - but does it pose any threat to my cat in the meantime?

I know brown recluse and black widows are poisonous to both humans and cats - but what about the wolf spider? I’d spend more time actively tracking it down if it presents a real danger, otherwise ill kill it whenever it pops it’s head out next (and I can get the vacuum hose extender attaches in time; no joke, this thing is the size of the palm of my hand)

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
impossible a wolf spider will not get that large soon as your cat catches it on open ground it becomes a snack or plaything until it dies it does not have medically significant venom to you or your cat its atually helping to keep your room insect free from other creepy crawlies aside from itself ofcourse if you can use a clear plastic to cup to cover it and then slide a peice of card board (off the back of a pad of note book paper ) you could then release it back outside to live its life away from you.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before trying to catch it, make sure it has no babies on it's back. One slight jiggle and those babies will be all over the place. :shocked:

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Before trying to catch it, make sure it has no babies on it's back. One slight jiggle and those babies will be all over the place. :shocked:

Millions of them...I had that happen while home alone one night.
Talk about a nightmare !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Millions of them...I had that happen while home alone one night.
Talk about a nightmare !
good lord, I think that might just give me a heart attack on the spot. I haven’t seen the spider since last night, immediately after (loudly) declaring at about 1 A.M. that “I won’t be afraid of no spider, Mama didn’t raise a scaredy cat EXCEPT THAT SHE TOTALLY DID” as I sprinted away from it.

I am currently armed with the vacuum, just in case :lol2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well....i went to dump out Simons water fountain and found a spider leg....moved the old litter pan we keep it in (in case of spills because his 8-lb self likes to knock over 2 liters of water) and found the rest of the spider.

He is clearly gunning to take over the “Bug Assassin” role from my last cat :lol2::lol2::lol2: