Are they Mainecoons?

Foxxxy16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have adopted 2 7 week old kittens. They should be coming home in 2 weeks. Do they look like Mainecoons or Long Haired kittens? We have not seen them in person. I am only curious as the foster family doesn’t know much about their circumstances but told us they were suspected to be MC’s
AFE4A7B6-2A71-4B6D-9B78-43A18944105D.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They are beautiful babies!
They are Domestic Long Hair and not any specific breed without papers. That said, I'm not sure I'm seeing MC characteristics.. .. ?

Be sure and feed them lots, 4-5 canned smallish meals daily and some kibble for snacking and overnight. Kittens are eating machines and need to be to support all the growth that's happening plus the energy output, but their tummies are too small to hold much food yet 🥰

R3d M4rbl3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me, they look more like Norwegian Forest Cats (NFC) rather than Maine Coons (MC). The eyes of a MC are more oval rather than round. The ears of the MC are also larger and the placement is not quite the same. Since this is not a full bodied picture showing the paws and tail, it's hard to tell. The other indicators of having any trace of these larger breed cats is their current weight. MC's at 7 weeks are well over 2 pounds even for females. I suspect NFC's would be similar. However, unless you know their exact lineage, they adorable Domestic Long Hair cats.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have adopted 2 7 week old kittens. They should be coming home in 2 weeks. Do they look like Mainecoons or Long Haired kittens? We have not seen them in person. I am only curious as the foster family doesn’t know much about their circumstances but told us they were suspected to be MC’sView attachment 437456
What little cuties😻 without papers as said they are dlh and they look like blue tabby tuxedos to me. They could
have some forest cat heritage and do look more nfc to me maybe. Here is a video of 7 week or so mc kittens and their mom.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are look alikes to some established breed, you will see later on...

Anyway, sweet kittens, and for all practical purposes, count them as domestic long hair.

Righty seems to be a diluted tortie, lefty possibly too.

the withish around mouth and eyes are typical for tabbies, so its no true white spot gene.
Unless they have clear white spots elsewhere, for example on paws.