Are These Signs Of Impending Labour?

Remspa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, first time poster here
My girl is 63 days pregnant and for the last couple of days has been having little body spasms/movements/twitches. They are most noticeable when shes lying on her side, and make her front and back legs move slightly. Apart from this and a slightly softer then usual stool and a touch of nesting behaviour she hasnt had much else happen. Could the twitches be the earliest contractions? Or could they just be the kittens pressing on her spine and making her twitch?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Both interpretations are possible! The waiting game isnt easy to endure!

lulu97

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think you are observing really closely! My pregnant cat twitched throughout her entire pregnancy, I don't think its nessecarily a sign of labour unless it seems like a contraction which would be more of a ripple down her entire body. I suggest watching youtube videos to get a better idea of what the contractions look like!
I've read diarrhea can be a sign of labour though, some cats kind of clear their digestive system prior to labour!
Cat's gestation period can range from 58-70 days, she might have awhile longer to go!
My kitty is on day 66! Waiting is so hard!!! Keep us posted, feel free to share photos of your mumma and let us know when the kittens are born! (Also, let me know what her pre-labour/labour was like!! I am getting impatient)