Are these decent canned foods? I’m ordering off chewy and overthinking it all.

Harborlily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted yesterday asking about epigen/Elsey etc and then after spending hours googling I settled on Elsey which is currently out of stock on chewy and I’m on quarantine so.... I’m thinking of doing tiki born carnivore as we slowly switch from fussie cat market fresh. Then eventually I’ll have Elsey and tiki in rotation for dry. I’m going to do a small can split between the boys with dry and spring water twice a day, as long as it seems to be affordable.

Gambit is 10 yo and very large- he is 16# ish when slim and as high as 20 when he was eating awful food, Bailey is 3yo and he should be about 8# but he’s 17# now (he was constantly eating when our 3rd cat was still with us because we had to keep dry down for him and his weight just ballooned).

Im thinking of doing these varieties. Are they ok? I hate doing FF because of the synthetic K, but I’m thinking in rotation it will be fine? (The tiki sticks are for Gambit’s allergy supplement)
CBE0D688-5F19-4BA7-8406-99026F819FC9.png
E3F46E13-B5B4-4B6D-AEFC-6856AE6DF64F.png

victorrskat88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
first excuse my English, sorry. promise I'm not stupid just not native English

Fancy feast not healthy. low ingredients, recalls, suspicious bad brand.
dry food not good for cat, but considering quorentine maybe good for emergency
BFF had a recall and made cat sick, iffy, bad ingredient for inflated price, id classify with FF honest
Tiki cat wet canned food is good. rumor on site thag it had synthetic K however Ive 10 cans , after dark and chicken louau and neither list this, receiving 70$ worth in a week so will holler back if i find anyhing
haretoday ships premix and high quality meat
watcj out for purina

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FF Naturals is much better than FF classic pates as they use named meat only and no artificial ingredients, so it’s a decent choice if you don’t mind Nestle products and your cat will like it (lots of cats who loves FF classic pates don’t like the FF gourmet naturals though, I’m guessing because of lack of addictive artificial flavor). They still have gums and some cans have fish, though.
As for BFF, I would change the gravy to pate styles as gravy has worse ingredients (potato starch)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Mine hated the Naturals and I think it was the lack of the artificial flavoring.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
As Bobsk8 Bobsk8 suggested, check out catfooddb.com. Most of ff and bff are high in carbs. Some of them also have fish though that's not what the name says. Searching for a good food is tough!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe because it's a different day dr elseys is in stock. Thier dry food looks good but it would help if your cats stayed on wet to have them slim down

Last edited:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve been trying to find a decent wet food for my 15 year old cat that’s low on phosphorus since she’s been beginning with kidney problems and has been losing weight. Lately she isn’t eating much wet food, would rather eat dry but I know dry food alone isn’t good. I’ve tried to read charts of ingredients but get very confused how they are labeled. Help

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought I read somewhere that there are some wet foods that are suppose to help stimulate the appetite. Does anyone know of any?

thanks