Are there any other brands like Schesir?

OvidiuHiei

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cat loves this wet food, but its pretty expensive compared to other wet food. My cat usually eats gourmet gold mousse which is about 5,50€ for a pack of 8x85g and sometimes its discounted at around 4€.

But ive also started giving him Schesir from time to time and you can tell he loves it, but i dont have the means to switch entirey to this brand since 1x85g is around 1,40€ which is a huge difference in prices as u can see, and I have 3 cats so the expense would go through the rood sadly :(

Is there something similar but bit cheaper, and with less filler stuff like the gourmet gold one has, i would like something inbetween

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With 3 cats maybe it would make sense to buy bigger cans rather than 85grams? I don’t know Schesir but quality cans with no fillers that I can recommend are Grau, Catz Finefood, Wild Freedom, Feringa. Some of them are 1€ for 200grams, depending on where you’re located. Maybe even bigger cans, 400 or even 800 grams could work for you? That can really bring the costs down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OvidiuHiei

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
With 3 cats maybe it would make sense to buy bigger cans rather than 85grams? I don’t know Schesir but quality cans with no fillers that I can recommend are Grau, Catz Finefood, Wild Freedom, Feringa. Some of them are 1€ for 200grams, depending on where you’re located. Maybe even bigger cans, 400 or even 800 grams could work for you? That can really bring the costs down.
For those bigger cans over 200g, after u open them how do u store them? cause the cats wont eat all at once so there will be leftover from a 400g can or more

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those bigger cans over 200g, after u open them how do u store them? cause the cats wont eat all at once so there will be leftover from a 400g can or more
I transfer whatever remains to a glass jar, add some water and store in the fridge. My cat won’t accept it if it’s stored in the fridge in a covered can nor in a plastic container, it must be glass, but some cats don’t mind it. I then place the jar in a pot with hotish water and stirr it until it’s warm. With some brands, my cats prefer this warmed up second portion than fresh food from the can.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OvidiuHiei OvidiuHiei
As jcat said, Schesir is not a complete food but a supplement or treat food If you buy the little tins but the Schesir Bio in packets are a complete food.

Maybe try Wellness core shredded tins, they are in a sauce not jelly but your cats may like them and they are complete in nutrition.