Are there any gamers here ?

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m playing Tears of the Kingdom and working on moving my Scarlet and Violet Pokémon into Home. I also want to find time for the Xenoblade DLC.

I haven’t played Tactics, but I heard it’s good.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my dos games jazz jackrabbit,outcast,twinsens odysssey, Chrystal caves,Duke nukem arcade version,commander keen. On my tablet starlit adventures,Simon's cat crunch time,super cat tales 2,super cat tales bros,cats in time.
I am trying not to play too much to workout,cook,play with cats,house chores

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I enjoy JRPGs. I just finished Trails to Azure. I like story driven games that explore the human condition. Persona, some of the Final Fantasy, and the trails games. I'd probably like more American games if all the characters didn't have dirty faces. I hate that.

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I enjoy JRPGs. I just finished Trails to Azure. I like story driven games that explore the human condition. Persona, some of the Final Fantasy, and the trails games. I'd probably like more American games if all the characters didn't have dirty faces. I hate that.
Just curious… dirty faces??? I’m confused at what you mean by that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
LunarFlower LunarFlower final fantasy tactics is a excellent game to play with many different job classes to chose from . although there is a bit of work involved in order to get to the job classes that you want .

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm mostly a casual gamer, but I do very much enjoy playing the games from Spiderweb Software. Most of the titles are older/in the process of remaking, and don't have "eye candy" value. However, the worlds that he created and the gray morality of the game where you're trying to choose what is the best option out of the available options (who is lighter gray vs nearly black) is fun.

I highly recommend the Geneforge series (Geneforge 1 has a remake Geneforge: Mutagen; Geneforge 2 is going to soon have a remake released). Five games in all.

I also recommend the Avernum 1-3 games (whichever remake --all Avernums are a remake of the original Exile series). I'm less enthusiastic about 4-6.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently trying to get through MCC. Only on campaign 3, but went back to campaign 1 to play Cursed Halo. If you haven't yet, you should. Also play Minecraft, Don't Starve Together, and was thinking about moving my Pokemon from Sword/Shield to home, but I already have them replaced in S/V. I also play (but not often) Starbound, Phasmaphobia, Stardew Valley, a lot of the lego games and have been seriously thinking of buying No Man's Sky.
I used to play Ark SE almost daily, for 3 years, until WildCard (mostly Snail Games) decided to....um...trying not to curse......not care about us.
It is now uninstalled and I will never buy anything from either again. But I do miss my dinos.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like story driven games that explore the human condition.
If you like the story, you should really try the Master Chief Collection (MCC). It's 6 Halo games (Reach, Halo 1 CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST and Halo 4) and the story is incredible, as well as the soundtrack. Unfortunately Halo 5 is Xbox only, so you can't continue the storyline unless you play on Xbox.
Also, since you play as Master Chief in most campaigns you are wearing a helmet (as do most of the NPC soldiers) so you don't really notice the 'dirty faces' of the other soldiers. It's an awesome story. Check it out.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a Nintendo girl from way back so all the games I'm playing now are on the Switch.

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Spiritfarer
Bubble Bobble
Luigi's Mansion 3

I just ordered Carnival Games. That should be here by Monday.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really consider myself a "gamer" because I really only play two games that I'm sure most legit gamers would laugh at but, I play the Sims fairly regularly (mainly Sims 3) and I also play the Nancy Drew mystery games. I started playing them when I was little so there is a nostalgia factor there, and I've just kept playing them as they released new titles. They have a new one coming out at some point; after the last one I'm not terribly optimistic on quality but it will still be nice to have a new one to play.

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a Nintendo girl from way back so all the games I'm playing now are on the Switch.

Animal Crossing New Horizons
Spiritfarer
Bubble Bobble
Luigi's Mansion 3

I just ordered Carnival Games. That should be here by Monday.
Heck yeah, Nintendo!
You and I don’t have much overlap other than Animal Crossing, but I dig your list. My poor Animal Crossing Island is probably falling apart by now, haha. I started Spiritfarer, but it didn’t really click, which is sad, because it’s gorgeous.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just curious… dirty faces??? I’m confused at what you mean by that.
Just that. For some weird reason, most of the characters in western games look like they never wash their faces. It's gross and a turn off. I don't care if it's set in the middle ages or the wild west, it's one trope that needs to go away.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I started PC gaming with Diablo (yes, the first one, and yes I still have the disc, and yes, I know that ages me. 😜). Have played all versions except mobile since. Waiting on D4, will probably wait a while after release as there are always so many bugs and fixes that usually happen at the get go.

Played Neverwinter for a while, as well as the short lived Star Wars game.

Hubby and I both played City of Heroes until it was sunsetted in 2012. Then again when the fanbase started up their own servers.

We have an Xbox, but I don’t actually play a lot of games on it. I’m not a big fan of FPS, so that kind of limits my choices. Also not a big fan of the subscription and lootbox model that a lot of games have turned to.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, okay… I bought D4 over the weekend.

I mean, I knew I was going to buy it anyway, and it’s not like it’s going to go on sale any time soon, so why lose out on a few pre-order perks?

The only thing that was annoying was that we had to also purchase the Xbox game pass so that we could chat and trade in the game. We never had to do that before, as Blizzard was one of the pioneers with in-game chat and it was always part of the system as a whole.

Times, they be a’changin

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can always buy Xbox gold for one year $60. Walmart still carries this. You would have to go there because it's not offered online. It will delete your Game Pass, so I would get it, then cancel Game Pass one day before it's due and add the Gold.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heck yeah, Nintendo!
You and I don’t have much overlap other than Animal Crossing, but I dig your list. My poor Animal Crossing Island is probably falling apart by now, haha. I started Spiritfarer, but it didn’t really click, which is sad, because it’s gorgeous.
Yeah my island needs some attention too. I like Spiritfarer but it took some time for me to get into it. I love the storyline. There's a Spiritfarer subreddit that I belong to that has a lot of good tips.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
who likes to play video games ? if so what are you playing ?
im playing final fantasy tactics View attachment 451082

i go back and forth beween fo76 and new world. looking for a better mmo but they're rare. I play most of the big cinematic type releases. have both xbox and playstation as well ofcourse, pc i did play neverwinter but quit when they reverted level to 20