Are 'red Vine Leaves' Toxic To Cats?

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are 'Red Vine leaves' Toxic To Cats ?

I am thinking of buying a baby laundry detergent that is suppose to be very non toxic. One ingredient is from red vine leaves. I likely would wash their pet beds from time to time with it.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Red vine leaves seem to be the new rage in the holistic world. They are red grape vine leaves. Grapes and raisins are poisonous for cats but the leaves and stalks aren't. I would probably avoid going so far as washing the pet's beds in it. This is something I found about it, this is about a cat that liked to play with and chew on the stalks which is more exposure but the answer was that it probably would be best to avoid.

Are Grape Stalks Poisonous To Cats ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the product that lists "Red vine leaves" as an ingredient.
My thinking is, it is better then a regular detergent.
Very Expensive, but i would not use it daily but perhaps monthly.
I avoided a direct link to avoid promoting a retailer.

"About the product
  • Red vine leaves"
"ATTITUDE Sensitive Skin, Hypoallergenic Baby Laundry Detergent""

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I use a number of Attitude products for myself but have never used the detergent. I use an organic laundry detergent from Ralph's Simple Truth Organic Baby Free and Clear. Cat bedding is laundered often, especially the bedding of the old incontinent cat and no one has reacted to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did alot of research on laundry detergents that are potentially the safest for babies.
---safe for babes=safe for cats, is my thinking.
But the following uses red vine leaves which makes me wonder for cats.

ATTITUDE Sensitive Skin, Hypoallergenic Baby Laundry Detergent seems to be the best/safest..according to an ' EWG'

If i had a baby, probably would not use it because of the daily cost. But occasionally use for my cats would affordable.

fionasmom, do the ATTITUDE laundry detergents come factory sealed when you buy them?

Last edited:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have not used ATTITUDE laundry detergents but have used personal care products like shampoo. I get these from Amazon and they are sent like any product that you would buy in the store. The shampoo, for example, is more economical than you might think because you don't need a lot unlike most/other shampoos that are marketed as pollutant free.