Are my kittens siamese?

tae3v3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hii!, so my tuxedo cat gave birth to 4 kittens one black one black and white and two white ones. The white ones were born fully white but as they got older they developed colour points (as seen in the pictures) i was so confused so i googled it and saw that they might be siamese. they also have really blue eyes. I’m thinking one might be lilac point and one chocolate point! Can anyone please give their opinion about their breed.
A6DAD607-5A8D-4B60-828A-C0F2FD6DC8C9.jpeg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If momma is no siamese, so they cant be no siames either... But they ARE points, and a folk description would be, siamese-mixes yes.

Momma is surely a carrier of the recessive siamese gene... Daddy may either be a point, or no point but him too carrying the siamese point gene.

So, they all will be descripted as domestic (shorthair), and these two also as seal point.... I write seal, because to darken up already as young kitten, they cant be any less... Especielly as we know momma do carry black, so they too.

As momma is a tuxedo, its probable they may have some spot of white... In this case, you add with white in their description.

One boy has the renown M on his forehead; but this may be a ghost marking; its not sure he is a tabby "lynx" for real... IF he is lynx; he surely got this from the unknown father.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tae3v3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If momma is no siamese, so they cant be no siames either... But they ARE points, and a folk description would be, siamese-mixes yes.

Momma is surely a carrier of the recessive siamese gene... Daddy may either be a point, or no point but him too carrying the siamese point gene.

So, they all will be descripted as domestic (shorthair), and these two also as seal point.... I write seal, because to darken up already as young kitten, they cant be any less... Especielly as we know momma do carry black, so they too.

As momma is a tuxedo, its probable they may have some spot of white... In this case, you add with white in their description.

One boy has the renown M on his forehead; but this may be a ghost marking; its not sure he is a tabby "lynx" for real... IF he is lynx; he surely got this from the unknown father.
oo that’s really interesting i’m going to look more into the tabby lynx ghost marking thank you so much this was really helpful!!

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
Would you be able to provide the age of the kittens in the photos, photos of their entire bodies including tails, and the sexes of all of the kittens? (Which colors were male/female?) That helps when trying to determine dad’s probable color/pattern sometimes.

Either way, they are pointed cats, but not Siamese. Siamese is a specific breed, so if they aren’t papered, they are pointed domestic shorthairs (Or longhairs, if their coat grows long).

The ages also matter for determining color, as lilac points and orange markings often don’t show up until much, much later than other pointed colors. If I had to guess based only on these photos, I would say blue point and seal point.
If their tails have distinctive rings or stripes, probably lynx-point as well. I suspect the darker, more brown-toned one might also be a tortoiseshell if it is a girl; the coat looks just a little patchy to me.
They will do most of their toasting (color change) this first year, and then continue to darken more gradually after that. I would recommend taking lots of photos! They grow up so fast and it’s fun to see their final colors show up!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hii!, so my tuxedo cat gave birth to 4 kittens one black one black and white and two white ones. The white ones were born fully white but as they got older they developed colour points (as seen in the pictures) i was so confused so i googled it and saw that they might be siamese. they also have really blue eyes. I’m thinking one might be lilac point and one chocolate point! Can anyone please give their opinion about their breed.View attachment 446057
Awe such a cutie😻 they have siames heritage as all pointed cats do… but are dsh colorpoints with n history of a pb siamese cat parent etc. This one looks like a seal or blue point to me. I can’t see the others. My Quinn is traditional Pb sealpoint. 6 years now and he has gotten very dark since we are not heating much now. This kitten also looks more like a traditional siamese.