Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
😭 How old was she back then?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
2-3 years old. it happened on 3oth of july lol. so it's her second week in the house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I’m glad she’s doing better being in a home now! :wavey:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY, what an interesting discussion! No, I'd not go to ghosts as the first possibility, but I'd keep them on the list. FIRST, odd house sounds that they aren't used to yet. Especially on windy or rainy nights. Second, random kitten schizoid behaviour. Third, rats or mice (and personally, I'd rather have ghosts). Forth, critters in your attic crawlspace (and again, I'd rather have the ghosts). Fifth, consider those ghosts. You may have them. I do. I seem to have picked up two spirit kitties, one very dark, and the other very light. Shadow and Spooky. I get glimpses of them occasionally. It's SO funny to watch Hekitty play with them. She's so obviously playing with cats that I can't see! The only time is weirds me out is when I wake up to THREE balls of weight against my legs in the night and think (before I remember), "WAIT...I ONLY HAVE ONE CAT!"

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sadly entertaining the idea they were spooked by our AC unit, which just broke after making strange hissy noises since the cats got freaked out. And I really would prefer ghosts to this, no AC plus Florida weather is the opposite of a good combination. Luckily we broke out the electric fans for us and the kitties.
I’m in love with your spirit kitties already :redheartpump: Super cute that they all want to snuggle together with you too lol

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I should add that I had a Maine Coon, Eliot, who was sensitive to all house structural problems. If he sat next to a wall for a while, a pipe broke. If he looked up at the ceiling quizzically, it was because the condensate line on the AC was leaking. I got to the point where if he sat, or listened, or scratched a wall, I investigated.

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it's happening mostly at night, there might be light coming from the outside, such as car headlights, that would freak them out. It would help putting cameras up to see what's happening/what they are seeing while you are asleep.

Peeing also is a sign that they are territorially insecure, which means they are in a state where they can be set off easily.

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
I’d love to set up cameras to see what they’re doing at night honestly :lol: for this cat, she was peeing cause she got a UTI haha, no worries though, she’s already on meds to take care of that!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And I really would prefer ghosts to this, no AC plus Florida weather is the opposite of a good combination.
I'm with you! I grew up on the Florida Panhandle, and no AC is far, far worse than a ghost or three, and not much better than a minor demon infestation!

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a little story about my cat Malachi (he passed away a couple years ago). I was holding him in my arms, in our house, getting ready to put him down on the floor. He was facing away from me looking forward. He suddenly froze looking at the air, then turned around, like to flee, and he latched on to my face. It was like a scene from an alien movie, when a alien creature will latch on to someone's face with legs wraping around the head. When I pulled him off my face I was left with long a claw cut along my jaw bone. I know he saw something. What? I don't know. He was not a skittish cat so he must have seen something freaky.

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a little story about my cat Malachi (he passed away a couple years ago). I was holding him in my arms, in our house, getting ready to put him down on the floor. He was facing away from me looking forward. He suddenly froze looking at the air, then turned around, like to flee, and he latched on to my face. It was like a scene from an alien movie, when a alien creature will latch on to someone's face with legs wraping around the head. When I pulled him off my face I was left with long a claw cut along my jaw bone. I know he saw something. What? I don't know. He was not a skittish cat so he must have seen something freaky.
Maybe cats can have schizophrenia too? 🤔

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
He suddenly froze looking at the air, then turned around, like to flee, and he latched on to my face. It was like a scene from an alien movie, when a alien creature will latch on to someone's face with legs wraping around the head.
I know this really must have hurt but I laughed so hard at this description! So sorry your poor kitty got so scared but this is all fueling my interests in cat supernatural (or just super good) senses

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my cat Patches is sitting with me she sometimes looks past me starring like there is something there or behind me. She does this a lot. It kinda freaks me out a little. This sounds silly, but I believe cats can see things humans cannot see. Ghosts?... sometimes it sure seems like it.

Dana_And_Monster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ever since I was a kid, I've seen cats as being able to ward off spirits. Our old house, there was an old man spirit there that would stand - not transparent -and stare at us. I was the only one that actually saw it, but everyone else knew the house was haunted too. The man had a hat and a black vest or something to that affect, it's been years. The cats would always freak out and act very abnormally in the living room, where he normally would show up and one of our cats, a fully healthy cat........... Ran out of that room, over to me while I was on the computer; and dropped dead from what I assume was a heart attack. Dead on the spot, right out of the room that spirit was most commonly in. You would walk in at night and see the man standing there briefly, it was the creepiest thing. Our dogs acted freaked out too.
But I did notice the spirit wouldn't go/show up in rooms with the cats in them. So that's why I always assumed cats could ward them off in some way. I think that cat probably saw it and got scared maybe; I really don't know.

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know this really must have hurt but I laughed so hard at this description! So sorry your poor kitty got so scared but this is all fueling my interests in cat supernatural (or just super good) senses
I can laugh about it today. I seem get intuitive pets sometimes. I had a dream about him and how much he needed me. Didn't take long to find him. He was not a well kitten and needed vet care at the beginning. I still miss his little cute self.