Are Fleas Just Not Dying This Season?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDaze

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't prevent fleas, but I decided to use revolution once I found them. I did it one time and haven't seen fleas since, this was several months ago. I also did some cleaning, although the vet told me revolution is pretty good even if you don't clean much.
Looks like I'm visiting ti vet for Revolution! Multiple people are giving it lots of praises.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could try Capstar, which is a flea medicine that kills fleas within 30 minutes. Its very effective, but not long lasting, so you probably have to do all your cleaning on the same day you give Capstar. We've switched over to it from Revolution.

Something you need to keep in mind about Revolution - you need to give it on the same day every month. Its effectiveness falls off very quickly at the end of the month, so if you miss a few days, your fleas may return.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also vote for Revolution! I had my indoor cat on Advantage and my dog on Advantage, then Trifexis, and the fleas just kept coming. I treated the house and backyard with diatomaceous earth (and I rubbed a handful into their fur) and I used Vets Best flea spray in the house. I cleaned like a maniac for a month. My can ended up with tapeworms from the fleas. Comfortis and Revolution keep the fleas away now.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A "good" professional exterminator will tell you up front that they will make three trips to your house to exterminate fleas. Either every two weeks, or every three weeks.
Which means it will take around two MONTHS to be rid of them.
They do not switch chemicals or brands. They do not find some miraculous super effective stuff on their 3rd trip. They are spraying the same stuff each time. The 1st time they spray is just as effective (and important) as the last time.
They will explain to you "THREE trips" so that you're not screaming at them a week after their initial visit....Furious because you still have fleas, if not MORE!

It's just the way it works when dealing with fleas. Whether you hire a pro, or do it yourself.
Flea collars, Flea drops, Flea spray, Flea bombs, etc...
The 1st stuff you use will more than likely be just as effective as the last stuff. And just as important. Fleas are not immune. It just takes time.

If start with one penny, and double the total every day for 30 days, you'll have over $5 million dollars.
This is how a few fleas become a big problem and getting rid of them works exactly opposite.