Appointment Coming Up

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your precious Nobel is at peace because he carries your love in his little soul. "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".
He was and always will be a huge part of your life. He filled it with happiness and gave you the precious gift of his love. Remember, he would never want you to be so sad for long. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, go forward into the future remembering him and seeking life's happiness and love to share with him. He lives on through you now.
Please know we are thinking of you, and praying for you and your little boy. Take care.......RIP sweet Nobel. You will always be remembered, you will have a secure place in loving hearts for eternity. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so surreal waiting on a count down appointment for a loved one, even a pet.

I've never had an appointment time so far out. Usually just within a day or two of my call. We made one 45 days in advance but now are less than 2 weeks out from it. I had a human family member have a doctor assisted death with a scheduled date, but it's so different being the one making the call.

Nobel's declined a bit in the days since his appointment. He's grumpier, even with pain meds but still enjoys some things. Either way I am not looking forward to the 18th.

Over the last year he's stopped doing many things though like coming to the porch for more than 5 minutes (enclosed), or pulling himself across the carpet to play, or scaling his assisted tower. I even had to bathe him once for becoming dirty.
I'm so sorry and apologize for reading this thread when it was too late.
I'm also sorry for the loss of your handsome and proud Nobel, it's never easy, I know.

I've never made a so advanced appointment for an euthanasia, but from a certain point of view I lived a similar moment, I was waiting for the last day in advance, and thinking that I had to make that call the next day, for weeks!

It is such a hard waiting, but you also have the time to get ready to the loss of your pet and the time to cuddle him as much as you can. There's some bad and good in this.
The bad is that we have to live in an excruciating pain for days, weeks, and this can even destroy our mind and body.
The good is that we have the time to prepare everything with extreme care, with no bad surprises, flawlessly, if possible.
You had so many days to stay close to your Nobel, to make hime feel comfortable and loved.

I was sure I was going to lose my sweet Lola in the last few days of 2016, I even talked with my vets to have a home euthanasia arranged before the last day of the year. I lived those few days of the year with a shattered heart, I had stopped eating and sleeping, I would only cry all day long.
But then, Lola made me a great gift, she perked up and went on three more months. I knew it wasn't a miracle, but this gave me the time to get ready for the last moment, which came at the end of March 2017.
The good was that I had three months to prepare myself and love on Lola as much as I could.
The bad was that I also had enough time to wast myself away with pain and anguish. I wasted myself away to the point that I have never fully recover from that.

On the day that I eventually had to call the vet at home, I was torn between the relief it was going to end both for me and for Lola, and the huge pain and fear of losing her. I called the vet, he said he would have come in an hour, so I used that hour to speak to Lola and tell how much I had loved her. When the hour went by and the vet wasn't coming I got impatient and nervous because my pain wasn't having a relief. But when the bell rang I felt I wasn't ready yet.

When you wrote that getting "through this is both a comfort and not a comfort", I perfectly understood the feeling, because I was there before.

RIP Nobel, what a wonderful life you had.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 You have perfectly summed up my feelings. It is a swirl of emotions both positive and negative. The agonizing, the relief, the comfort and the profound sadness.

I don't think we ever forgot those days when we say goodbye to beloved pets like Lola and Nobel. ❣

I'm grateful that I got to stay home with him for the last few years because of virtual school and work. If I was still in hospitality, I would have barely seen him in the years leading up. Instead, I studied remotely and he relived his younger years from my first schooling, and then I worked hybrid and spent many mornings with him at my side.

I'm not sleeping well without him. I know that will come with time as it did when Lily first passed. I'm grumpy too and sad at times. But, I decided that I couldn't hide my grief like I did with Lily. So I'm being more open about not being okay.

My co-worker thinks I should have taken this week off. She's likely right. I don't feel like I'm getting much done.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's some of his younger photos. He was a silly boy.

Top: he's around 4 years old. On the right he was mad at us because we let our naked rat out. He didn't like to look at her 🤣 He loved the fur ones.

Bottom: he's around 1.5 yrs

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Before he passed, I promised I would take good care of 'his babies', with all the lessons I learned from caring for him.

I'm taking comfort in our new generation.
Left: Calcifer and Magnus
Right: Nobel and Lily. Please don't mind her hyperthyroid fur. She was a scruffy girl her last bit. We couldn't control it. GridArt_20220602_180409381.jpg

Nobel and Magnus, taken 1 year apart.
CollageMaker_20210730_115444315~2.jpg

Nobel really loved the babies.

Screenshot_20230223-093237-291.png Screenshot_20230223-093302-977.png

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65
I don't think we ever forgot those days when we say goodbye to beloved pets like Lola and Nobel. ❣
No, we will never forget our pets and those days. I think of Lola and my other Rainbow Bridge cat Pallina every single day since they left me.

My co-worker thinks I should have taken this week off. She's likely right. I don't feel like I'm getting much done.
The day that I called the vet home, I took the day off and the following day as well (Thursday and Friday). We had the cremation on Saturday.
I think it was the best thing to do, or I would have cried all day long at the workplace... Not that I am not crying, 6 years later, but at least I can function.

Take care of yourself. Calcifer and Magnus will be on your side to help you through.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What wonderful babies you have.
It seems there's a very interesting world out of your windows 😀
We are known as the "cat house". It's a row homes complex. They watch the children and other neighbours. Some children approach the door to say hello.
My neighbors cat comes out as she gardens and he sits on our step with our cats. They don't mind him. They dislike the other black and white one that was afoot last year though.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me a bit of when I had to take one of my kitties to the vet that last time a bit more than a year ago. It was obvious she was not doing well. It was obvious she was seriously, if not deathly, ill. The vet sadly suggested euthanasia and I sadly agreed. Miss her still, but her suffering is over. The others help a lot. Be well Antonio65 Antonio65 and A Alldara . We're all here for you, and, good to see you're also here for us. We'll all need each other.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Reminds me a bit of when I had to take one of my kitties to the vet that last time a bit more than a year ago. It was obvious she was not doing well. It was obvious she was seriously, if not deathly, ill. The vet sadly suggested euthanasia and I sadly agreed. Miss her still, but her suffering is over. The others help a lot. Be well Antonio65 Antonio65 and A Alldara . We're all here for you, and, good to see you're also here for us. We'll all need each other.
Appreciate you being here as well doomsdave doomsdave ❣ I'm glad we have this community.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My deepest condolences to you. You are a wonderful caring Mom. Thank you for loving him so much until the end. He looked so good in his last photos. Beautiful Nobel, Rest In Peace 🌹💕
Thank you. He had a good last day. He's still very loved. We miss him a ton.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Found some fun photos today. The one of him on the floor was during 2020. Trying to break in to some food.

The one on the chair was back from 2012. This was what I woke up to in the morning 😂

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Attachments

Furrywurrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Found some fun photos today. The one of him on the floor was during 2020. Trying to break in to some food.

The one on the chair was back from 2012. This was what I woke up to in the morning 😂

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
These are wonderful! I hadn’t realised when you spoke of Nobel when I first joined here that you had lost him so very recently. It was less than two weeks after I lost my boy. I am so very sorry for your loss, he was such a handsome boy :hugs:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
These are wonderful! I hadn’t realised when you spoke of Nobel when I first joined here that you had lost him so very recently. It was less than two weeks after I lost my boy. I am so very sorry for your loss, he was such a handsome boy :hugs:
Thank you ❣ I'm sorry for your loss as well. Yes it was quite recently. I feel very lucky that we spent Lily's last 6 months and Nobel's last 2.5 years home with them.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nobel's birthday also means Lily's gotcha day but unfortunately we have neither to celebrate with. Hard day 💔

Attachments