Applying flea ointment to 2 cats now instead of 1

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I was just wondering what ya'll thought on this. I've been giving Aria flea ointment Revolution for several months and it works great and she doesn't mind it at all. Now that I have Tiki, I am going to give him the same. Aria likes to groom Tiki with her tongue, on his head and all around his head and he does the same for her. I don't want them ingesting any of the flea medicine. They usually groom after they eat or in the early morning hours when they're in bed with me. Other times too but those are the most usual times. I was planning to put the flea medicine on in the middle of the day when they are both lazy and sleeping. Revolution dries in about 2 hours. Does that sound like an okay idea? I don't want to separate them - they are joined at the hip and they would get upset. Thanks!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would try your approach and see what happens. Since it sounds like you are able to keep an eye on them, if they should act like they are going to start grooming one another after treatment, distract them with a play session? That might be just enough to stop them for a while.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those medicines don’t taste good. They’ll lick once and stop. That won’t cause them harm. They just won’t like it.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure after a lick and taste that will stop quickly. If not separate them for a bit afterwards. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you:) everyone, I'm less anxious about it now!