Appetite Loss

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first thread about lily
My Cat Start To Throw Up !
Today I came back to my city
And lily usually after road tripe eat the whole bowl from hunger so he wasn't eating for more than 10+ hours I put the food he normally eats and he eats very little didn't continue so maybe it's not the time for healthy food so I give him his favorite one he like it a lot before and eat little so I try tuna he never say no to tuna even when he sick same thing never eat the whole bowl I know there is something wrong with along time but I didn't want to think too much also last month I did all the test I spend 1000+ everything normal I don't know what should I do now I want to check again I don't have enough money + my mom always said I'm overreacting and he is normal will he isn't lethargic he move around the house he purrs he is meowing playing little bet uuuuh he just make me crazy I don't know what should I do anymore I tried all I can :cringe::bawling:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, i read your other thread, and if I am understanding correctly, you first took him in to be seen because he was having diarrhea? (and also a Herpes issue) Then with a food switch from dry food to wet the diarrhea cleared up, but he has the occasional vomiting episode if he goes too long between meals. Is that right? then last week he didnt' eat well early on, and what happened? Did he start eating again or not (until today)? If this has been going on for several days now, then something is definitely not right and you probably need to assist feed him to make sure he's getting enough calories to sustain himself, otherwise worse health issues can ensue. If he started eating again, but today he doesn't feel like eating, it could simply be the travel you just went thru and he needs time to settle back down. One of my cats barely ate anything yesterday (only one meal out of three), but today so far he's eaten like a champ. I think they are just like us and some days they just don't feel like eating. But my rule of thumb is if it continues for longer than 24 hours, I take them in to be seen, or at very minimum, I CALL our Vet to discuss, after I have tried all their favorite foods.

Now, as far as him being on a feeding schedule (per your other thread), if I were you, to prevent that frothy vomiting from occurring, I would simply give him a small meal right before bedtime, even if that means you give him four meals per day. MY feeding schedule for my guys is 8 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. These are approximately, based on what I'm doing at the time, but it seems to work well for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, i read your other thread, and if I am understanding correctly, you first took him in to be seen because he was having diarrhea? (and also a Herpes issue) Then with a food switch from dry food to wet the diarrhea cleared up, but he has the occasional vomiting episode if he goes too long between meals. Is that right? then last week he didnt' eat well early on, and what happened? Did he start eating again or not (until today)?
Then i mix some tuna with the food and he continue eating now he dislikes the tuna too!! I check his weight everyday didn't change something I didn't mention that I give him dry food as snack he ate it more than the wet food I don't know I feel that there is something but I can't help right now I'm always felling that maybe my mom right
I just want him to be back eating 100g every 10 hours :( I tried cutting dry food and the same thing never finish the food he change suddenly, I don't see any symptoms no sneezing the flare up gone no vomiting from that day I don't know..

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So bottom line, he's now just eating more dry food than wet food? And not having any complications with that? Then sounds like everything is fine :alright:. Sounds like he simply prefers dry food to wet food, which is often common with cats. Dry food manufacturers put things in their food to make it very tasty to cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So bottom line, he's now just eating more dry food than wet food? And not having any complications with that? Then sounds like everything is fine :alright:. Sounds like he simply prefers dry food to wet food, which is often common with cats. Dry food manufacturers put things in their food to make it very tasty to cats.
Maybe but I don't want him to eat dry food I only have it for an emergency like this today he finishes one bowl of dry food the problem is I tried a different brand for sensitive for normal cat grain free high-quality food all of them when he ate it cause him diarrhea:livid:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well it may simply be that he doesn't like whatever canned food you've been feeding him. I know my cats are extremely picky when it comes to eating. ONE of them doesn't like variety, but the other one likes something different at every meal :rolleyes2:. It's a matter of figuring them out, which isn't easy, believe me. AND, they may like one thing one day, and not like it the next. This seems like what is happening with your little one. So my advise to you is to just experiment with different canned foods until you find some he likes. And now that he's gotten the taste of dry food again, you may have to crush up some of it and use it as a topper on canned food to transition him back.

Have you read this article? Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food (canned, Raw, Or Homemade) Maybe there will be something in there that will be helpful.