Apparently, I've been doing it all wrong...and I'm not alone.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've heard this before but never really got into trying it, but I have decided to give it a go.
Apparently we're supposed to apply antiperspirant at night to allow the body to absorb it when we are sweating less as our body temps go down at night, making it more effective during the day. I'm a "sweater", so I use antiperspirant and not just deodorant, but even at that, it's not very effective which is why I want to try it the right way. But if I try this out I may use the antiperspirant at night like "I'm supposed to", and just to be cautious, apply some deodorant in the morning for potential odor.
Anyway...does anyone else use antiperspirant the way it's supposed to be used? at night? Does it really work better?

Also, to help everyone out there, what other things do you find most people do wrong and what's the correct way of doing it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Dove Clinical strength antiperspirant
I have used "Drysol" before. It used to be that you have to ask for it although a prescription was not needed, now they don't keep it behind the counter. It works really good, and yes it's to be used at night. BUT it is so strong that it burns and itches like crazy so I hate using it, even if I only need to use it every 4 days or so...it works for that long. I can't fall asleep with my pits on fire!!!
Does the Dove product burn or itch after applying?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used "Drysol" before. It used to be that you have to ask for it although a prescription was not needed, now they don't keep it behind the counter. It works really good, and yes it's to be used at night. BUT it is so strong that it burns and itches like crazy so I hate using it, even if I only need to use it every 4 days or so...it works for that long. I can't fall asleep with my pits on fire!!!
Does the Dove product burn or itch after applying?
[/QUOTE
I am an "itchier" and if I've bathed at night after I've shaved, I do itch a bit but not for long.

I use Secret Clinical Strength soft solid Unscented. It works great, too, like yours. :)
Do you itch at all from it?

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh! I didn't know that. I'll have to try it. And probably reapply in the morning just to be safe as well.
I do apply a bit more in the morning.It's one of those twist and a small amount comes out of tiny holes type containers.
It's pricier than regular stuff but I refuse to sweat. I've been using it for about 4 months. I've even used Dove's men's
but it does not compare to this..I have no odor except the scent of the product.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it really bad to let your pits sweat? Seems excessive to make it stop.
When you have big wet spots at all times of the day in your pits, and have to limit what type of clothing and colors you can wear, it can be pretty annoying...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When you have big wet spots at all times of the day in your pits, and have to limit what type of clothing and colors you can wear, it can be pretty annoying...

An ad ran on the radio station last year about a procedure that helps minimize sweat for people who tend to sweat excessively.

One of the radio station hosts claimed she noticed a huge improvement within 3 weeks.

The same host mentions a new FDA approved wipe that helps with excessive sweating:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used natural deodorant only for several years and then one with a baking soda based antiperspirant. I kept finding that after a while they didn't work. And then I started getting rashes. I switched back to the store stuff and that all stopped. Plus even with the best one I used I could smell myself after 10 hours or so. I don't like the way the antiperspirant builds up; but no stinking and no itching. :rolleyes2: I didn't notice a huge difference in the amount of sweat; but I have a couple friends who definitely sweat more that would find it an issue.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s a funny and silly thing unless you’re OCD about germs (not trying to insult people with ocd, my youngest son has it), but silverware should be washed with handles down. In other words, the part that touches the mouth should be up. The water and food particles then go down the utensils and rinses away from the part that touches your mouth. Who knew 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In other words, the part that touches the mouth should be up. The water and food particles then go down the utensils and rinses away from the part that touches your mouth.
I've always done it that way...I can't imagine they would get clean enough with the "mouth part" down. I will put a sharp pointed blade down, but I leave it in it's own little compartment to make sure all the suds and water can get to it from all sides.