Apoquel For Cats

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,,, I spoke to my vet yesterday and she suggested Apoquel which can be used for cats and they said it was $84 for 30 pills which I thought was absurd... and when I asked her about ordering from 1800-pet-meds or any site like that she said it can be "fake" medication they send..

What are your thoughts?

Also, has anyone used Apoquel for cats for allergies?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't have any personal experience with Apoquel, nor do I have awareness of any specific 'fake' medications from reputable web sites here in the US - so I can't help from that aspect. But I do know from a friend (with a dog) that this a 'drug of last resort' - meaning that it should only be used when other allergy treatments have not been successful. So, I hope your vet is recommending this drug solely because you have exhausted all other options.

Anyway, just to try to help you out since no one has responded yet, here is a link to previous threads from members discussing Apoquel. Hope this helps until some other members come along and see your post and offer their input.

Search Results for Query: apoquel | TheCatSite

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While there have been a LOT of fake pharmacies operating online, almost without exception, they are located outside of the USA. 1-800-pet-meds is located in Florida, and operates under USA regulations and restrictions.

This from the USDA:

Signs of a Rogue Online Pharmacy
Beware of online pharmacies that:

• Allow you to buy prescription medicine without a valid prescription from your health care provider.
  • Do not have a U.S. state-licensed pharmacist available to answer your questions.
  • Offer very low prices that seem too good to be true.
  • Send spam or unsolicited email offering cheap medicine.
  • Are located outside of the United States or ship worldwide.
Although 1-800-petmeds does offer significantly lower prices, they do NOT fit any other criteria, and are verified by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. They have a long history of satisfied customers and reliable service.

Chewy.com also has a pharmacy service, and they are VERY reliable.

I'd feel very confident about using either of those. They will require a prescription.

Your vet was correct in cautioning you about online medications, but NOT in the above two cases.

Unfortunately, I can't speak to using the drug for allergies in cats. Other than what I can find online, and which is readily available to you as well, I have no knowledge of it.