Apoquel for cat

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just given Apoquel for my cat that has excessive itching and scabs. I see its not approved for cats but is for dogs.. Has anyone used it in their cat..??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its so hard to get help for cats..One needs to get to what is causing this.. I did food panel, prednisone, prozac hydrolized protein diet.. I feel many of the meds is a temp solution if they work. Not really getting down to the real reason.. Sure cat can be on the meds for a while what happens when you no longer have then on it, symptoms will come back... Its a shame everything is so costly. I am a senior do all I can for my cat but to really get down to the issue is so expensive.. Vets do not know much about foods and allergies... .

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so hard to get help for cats..One needs to get to what is causing this.. I did food panel, prednisone, prozac hydrolized protein diet.. I feel many of the meds is a temp solution if they work. Not really getting down to the real reason.. Sure cat can be on the meds for a while what happens when you no longer have then on it, symptoms will come back... Its a shame everything is so costly. I am a senior do all I can for my cat but to really get down to the issue is so expensive.. Vets do not know much about foods and allergies... .
Yes, Apoquel is very expensive, I've joined the Zoetis Petcare Rewards and at least get a portion back.