Anything you are dreading in the next week?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you'll be able to have the surgery after all. That's great news.   :nod:

I'm dreading reading the news.   
I was too. So glad that addendum to Trump's security briefing turned out to be an advisory on disinformation. I'm thankful there is no constitutional crisis on the horizon.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling overwhelmed by the upcoming week.  It may not sound like much to some people, but I'm off work on disability and my life has tended to be quiet, and I make it so that I usually have a day in between activity/outings.   Not this coming week.

Saturday:  I'm expecting someone to come and pick-up an old television.  I bought a large screen for the living room and the 42 inch one is going in my bedroom, so I'm giving the 33 inch one away.  I've had 3 other people express interest and said they would come get it, but none of them showed up.  Tomorrow could end up being a wasted day.

Sunday:  I have to go pick up a prescription and get some groceries.

Monday: I have to go pick up my CPAP supplies and I'm meeting a friend for lunch.   I don't drive and use a shared ride service for the disabled, and while it's handy, it isn't always convenient.  A 2 hour excursion often ends up being a 5 hour ordeal when you factor in travel time and wait time because sometimes they pick you up an hour earlier or later than you want.  In November a 10 minute doctor appointment ended up being 5 hours and 10 minutes. I was only at the doctors office a total of 30 minutes.

Tuesday: I'm having my handy man come over and unpack and set up my large screen TV and he's going to fix my bed frame.  The movers didn't attach the centre support bar on the bed frame and since I moved here I've felt like I've been sleeping in a gully. My bed is so uncomfortable.  The other day I dropped something and it rolled under the bed and while I was trying to fish it out, I discovered the centre support bar sitting on the floor under my bed. Completely detached.  I saw what looked like screw marks around the holes on the bar, but there are no screws under the bed.  So they took it off at the old place, likely lost the screws and didn't bother attaching it here.  No wonder my bed has been sagging and creaking.  I also have to go to the vets and pick up cat food.

Wednesday:  I'm expecting people to come and remove my old love seat and take it either for recycling or to the dump. Not sure what they're going to do with it. The frame is good, but the cats have scratched up the leather pretty badly on the sides and back.  Plus there are some rips in the cushions.  I have to give the living room carpet a good vacuuming.

Thursday: I'm expecting delivery of my new sofa. This one in the same colour:

I don't think I have anything going on on Friday...at least I hope I don't.

Tonight I'm working on sorting out my office/storage room.  It's a disaster and I can't even stand to spend anytime in it because it is so chaotically cluttered. So I am rarely on my computer these days. All I do is check email once every couple of days.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I have anything going on on Friday...at least I hope I don't.

Tonight I'm working on sorting out my office/storage room.  It's a disaster and I can't even stand to spend anytime in it because it is so chaotically cluttered. So I am rarely on my computer these days. All I do is check email once every couple of days.
I completely understand this.  
 Just think how beautiful your place is going to look when the coming week is finally over, though!  
Haven't been "connecting" with anyone in my new courses in college so I've mostly been sitting by myself and feeling depressed about not fitting in.
That's no fun.   Hope things get better. 

I'm still dreading the news.  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We had some flooding from the heavy rains last weekend and need to replace the carpet in one room.  We'll go look for replacement carpet today but I dread having it installed.  We've got some large and heavy pieces of furniture in that room that will have to be moved and it's going to be quite a project.  On the up side, the carpet we have is old and it will be neat to have something new.