Anything Will Do ... Please

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Bless your heart for thinking of this!
Can you look into apps where people sell their things for less money? I don't know if ebay ships to where you are, or whether they'd have something less expensive.

You might be able to build something? or give them boxes, stacked, not stacked, piled on each other...maybe these short articles might have ideas for you?

7 Proven Ways To Get Your Cat To Be More Active

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

How To Choose The Best Toy For Your Cat

Cat Trees: 12 Designs That Will Make You Go "wow!"

15 Awesome Cat Caves That Are Practical, Beautiful And Fun

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm with you...safer in! You do NOT want anyone to go through this again! You might also go to Pinterest and search "DIY cat tree." You'll come up with all SORTS of ideas to make cat trees and perches from almost anything at all, for almost any amount of money you care to spend!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although I don't know what you have available to you, --just in case something here might help;

18 Awesome Cat Feeding Tips By Thecatsite Staff Members

Also here is a compilation of things;

Try feeding in different locations - and utilize different heights. For example put a couple of books underneath the dish, next time use two thick phone books, or a small-ish box so the heights are varied....

Try sitting with her and scoop some food on your finger or a spoon and hopefully your kitty will lick it. Or gently tuck some food inside the cheek.

Try some raw egg yolk. Egg white must always be cooked, and some people cook the white and make a slurry of sorts by adding in the raw yolk.

Also you could try some Nutri-cal or similar product.

Try making these recipes - they're just as viable for an adult cat as for kittens;
Kitten-Rescue.com

These below can be used on their own or combined with food. Also, if you heat the food a little - stir it so there aren't any hot spots from the microwave.

Or you could heat some water, about a tablespoon, and add that to canned food. A small glass works to stir it all up.
  • Chicken, beef or ham flavored (pureed) baby food such as Gerber Stage 2 - make sure there is no garlic or onions in the ingredients
  • Tuna and/or the juice, a low mercury/low/no sodium brand is called SafeCatch
  • Salmon, mackerel
  • Sardines (make sure there are no bones)
  • boiled cut up chicken or turkey with no seasonings
  • canned kitten food any brand
  • Try mixing in Kitten Milk Replacer - there are recipes on the internet or store bought
  • Fish, tuna or BBQ flavored canned wet food (I personally have never seen BBQ flavors, but...)
  • Lickable cat treats or pouch treat 'gravy' poured over the food
  • kitten glop (recipes in website link above)
  • Bonito flakes
  • fortiflora
  • fish oil
  • green beans, asparagus mushed up, lettuce, applesauce, mashed chickpeas, black olives
  • whipped topping such as reddiwhip
  • dry pasta
  • goat milk, or no lactose cow milk
  • whole cooked eggs (the white must always be cooked) or raw egg yolk now and then
  • broth with no salt and no garlic or onion or seasonings of any kind
  • There are also commercial toppers, Applaws is a brand that can work well as a topper
  • Some good treats would be freeze dried Purebites, Orijen, Meowtinis, Meowables, Only Natural Pet, Primal
  • There are also Lickimats that you could spread types of soft food onto, even plain unflavored yogurt, and even freeze it. Licking something can help a cat to feel better emotionally The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats
  • shredded cheddar cheese, string cheese

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pepsi2k19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow thank u for all this ... his tooth is broken and mouth fractured so dnt blame him not wanting to eat but its very worrying x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also, consider baby foods, the infant variety, pure meat with no garlic or other additives. He might be able to actually lick that off of your finger, or syringe, if possible. Add a little water to thin it, and that will take care of drinking, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pepsi2k19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I syringed water n will do it again later i have tried putting small bits of soft food on my hand hes nt interested the baby food in a syringe sounds like a gd idea thanks againx