Anything I Can Do To Get My Kitty Back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody!!!!!!
AWESOME NEWS!!!! :clapcat:

After months gone by Comet is finally back!!!:happycat: and she has 5 beautiful kittens to show too!:lovecat3:
I prayed & prayed for God to bring my kitty back! I have a window thats left open in my basement & for the past few days ive had a suspicion something's been coming in & eating the bowl of cat food i have down there. Well lo & behold tonight i saw Comet approaching the open window. So i quickly got some kitty meat & she actually came up to me! So i grabbed her by the scruff & brought her inside & she whoofed down the meat! Then i realized she had full teets of milk! She had kittens somewhere! So i have a kitty harness & leash I put on her & i followed her to her kitty den. My husband has a junk Camaro & Comet gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens in the trunk of the car! Thank God!:happycat: So i had a box all lined up & i very carefully put them in the box along with momma. Comet is pretty skiddish tho. So i got the box nestled safely in my quiet basement. But as I went down to check on them I noticed 1 kitten missing! She must be moving them! :( I'm gonna check on them again before I go to bed. I pray that this transition doesn't scare Comet away from her babies & abandon them. There isn't anywhere she can go tho. Just the basement. Velvet also had kittens too! She had 2 kittens on Saturday (the 6th). Comet must have given birth that time too. When can I take them to the vet? The moms r sooo skinny even tho they eat like crazy! I didn't have that problem with Tux. Tux was a nice plump kitty the whole way thru.
Aaaany ways! I'm getting carried away!:D
I'm just sooo excited & sooo happy to have my baby back I just needed to tell the world!:happycat: lol

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww I’m so happy!!!!! She’s been gone for a long time! How many months exactly? When the kittens are weaned, it would be in Comet’s best interest to have her spayed. I’m so happy she’s come back safely! There are so many dangers out there! Not to mention cars, wild animals such as cayotes, and so much more! Yes, I’m sure we’d all LOVE pictures of Comet and her little ones!!!

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theres mom (Comet) & her 5 kittens. Kinda hard to see them but all are counted for!:thumbsup: i had to put a piece of plywood over top of the play pen (used to use for my kids when they were babies) so Comet couldn't escape & try to hide her kittens. Like she ditched the 4 of the kittens & stayed with 1
I told her oooooh no ya don't! You're not getting out of your responsibilities!:D so she's not going anywhere! Lol take care of them babies!:lol: i got 4 of my own to tend to!:D lol.
And yes EVERYONE will get fixed & UTD on shots! There r sooo many poor animals out there uncared for! It breaks my heart to see animals just tossed away all because people don't realize the work that is involved in caring for an animal. Would u toss your kids away like that? So sad:( lol sorry getting carried away here! I just love those babies tho! They're like my own human kids! :)

Attachments

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww so cute! I know, it’s so cruel that animals are just thrown away! I used to live in the Philippines, and cats are so overpopulated there, that I could find young kittens in dumpsters all the time! Kittens and cats would also show up at my door at least once a month! It was crazy! Especially since there aren’t any shelters or adoption programs in the Philippines. It’s so sad... you have a good point, you wouldn’t just through your child away in the trash when he/she has a sickness!

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How are the kitties doing?
Great! They appear to be doing good!:lovecat3: how soon can i take the moms & their babies to the vet? I'm concerned about how sooo skinny the mommas are. I didn't have that problem when Tux was pregnant & after birth. The mommas eat a ton of food but they are skinny. Any tips or vitamins i can get to help the moms? Lol I'm a worry wart here!:eek: lol

RejoiceErb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should start feeding the moms kitten food. It has more vitamins and protein then cat food. Just keep an eye on them; you can also weigh the moms and kittens daily to see if they are gaining or loosing weight. Hopefully just gaining :) Here’s a good website that has lots of information on kitten and mommy cat care Proper Post-Natal Care of a Cat and Her Newborn Kittens

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should start feeding the moms kitten food. It has more vitamins and protein then cat food. Just keep an eye on them; you can also weigh the moms and kittens daily to see if they are gaining or loosing weight. Hopefully just gaining :) Here’s a good website that has lots of information on kitten and mommy cat care Proper Post-Natal Care of a Cat and Her Newborn Kittens
Thanks for the info! :lovecat: next time I'm at the store i will definitely get the kitten food. Right now they've been eating regular dry cat food along with a can of kitty meat

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bliss::banana1::jive::dance:
I am beyond THRILLED to read the update and see the pictures :loveeyes: :loveeyes::loveeyes:
In addition to kitten food, I would supplement feed the moms with KMR and/or goat milk. You can add a raw egg yolk but if the eggs are store bought, it is important to gently rinse off the remaining egg white under a slow stream of cold water (I hold the yolk in my slightly separated fingers).
Now I will be excited for your updates!:happycat:

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great! They appear to be doing good!:lovecat3: how soon can i take the moms & their babies to the vet? I'm concerned about how sooo skinny the mommas are. I didn't have that problem when Tux was pregnant & after birth. The mommas eat a ton of food but they are skinny. Any tips or vitamins i can get to help the moms? Lol I'm a worry wart here!:eek: lol
If the mothers will let you move them and the kittens into a carrier, I would get them checked out soon. It could be just a case of needing more calories, fats, and protein, but could also be a sign of them having worms, especially since they were outside. They can eat and eat, but if they have worms the worms are just eating the food. Once the kittens are a couple weeks old I think they can have dewormer, but ask your vet. When I took in a litter of orphaned kittens they were about 3 or 4 weeks old and the vet was able to give me dewormer for them. I don't know how it works with them still having a mother to nurse from though, you might have to treat the mother and kittens or just the mother.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the mothers will let you move them and the kittens into a carrier, I would get them checked out soon. It could be just a case of needing more calories, fats, and protein, but could also be a sign of them having worms, especially since they were outside. They can eat and eat, but if they have worms the worms are just eating the food. Once the kittens are a couple weeks old I think they can have dewormer, but ask your vet. When I took in a litter of orphaned kittens they were about 3 or 4 weeks old and the vet was able to give me dewormer for them. I don't know how it works with them still having a mother to nurse from though, you might have to treat the mother and kittens or just the mother.
Thanks for the info!:) the kittens are now almost 5 days old. They seem to be nice little plump fur balls but the mommas concern me. I realize they just gave birth but to be so skinny that you can see their backbones? I worry!:disturbed: lol. A call to my vet will be in order very soon.:)

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am excited to announce that (if I looked at them right..lol) that Comet's kittens are all males!:happycat:
I'm guessing she had her kittens a few days before Velvet's. Velvet's were born early morning on Oct 6th. They still have their umbilical stump on. Comet's kittens don't have that on. So would you say they were born on Oct 4th or maybe the 1st? When i checked the kittens over I could definitely see a teeny bulge where the...junk is :D lol. So am I correct in saying they are all males? Lol I'm so excited to have a total of 7 kittens! :clapcat: I just love babies!:hearthrob: lol

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:thud:Cuteness overload!! :lovecat:
Comet's kittens are such plump little butterballs :happycat: I especially like the one with the white mitts. Thank you for the pictures!
When you pack them up for the vet visit. be sure to keep the carriers covered with towels or blankets, to help keep them away from any airborne viruses. :soldier: