Anyone with experience with Prozac for hyper cat?

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have posted in another thread about my issues with a new very hyper cat (Bailey) that I adopted October 1. One of the most negative issues associated with her behavior that makes it impossible for me to go on without something to change this is her pursuit of one of my other cats (Josie) to forcibly wrestle, ambush and generally body slam her to entertain herself because she needs so much stimulation. No clawing or biting or that sort of aggression. I have worked very hard to make this work trying all kinds of things to meet her "special" needs and am exhausted and Josie is stressed out. Josie does not want to be body slammed anymore. My next and last hope is Prozac. I made an appointment to speak with the vet about it. If this doesn't work, my next step would have to be re-homing as I can't continue on with the way things have been the last four months. Does anyone have any experience with their cat taking Prozac for being hyper? Did it help? Side effects? Did the vet offer any other medication for a hyper cat that worked or didn't work?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this really an option? Just posted about my hyper kitty whos freaking out new kitten with his hyperness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this really an option? Just posted about my hyper kitty whos freaking out new kitten with his hyperness.
I don't know. It was suggested to me by another cat lover. I commented on your post with more information. I did find a video on youtube where a vet did mention it as a possibility toward the end of the video.