Anyone using Xarelto (rivaroxaban)?

Bird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is anyone using Xarelto to treat HCM, and can you share your experience with this drug? Your cat’s circumstances, dosage, side effects, etc. Feedback would be very much appreciated.

There are virtually no clinical studies of Xarelto in cats—just found one small published study to date. The results of the Supercat study at University of Georgia (comparing clopidogrel to rivaroxaban) have not been published yet. I have searched this forum and there aren’t many posts about this drug).

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I couldn't find anyone who has used it on their cats, but did find this thread which references a couple good articles about the use of it in cats:

Xarelto (rivaroxaban)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided to start Xarelto in my cat Mojo, who has now survived two saddle thrombus with rear leg paralysis, caused by HCM. Wish us luck!

Tabbycat26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is on dual therapy (clopidogrel and Xarelto) since June '21. He had ATE (partial) in December 2020, survived after 48 hours treatment in ICU and was prescribed clopidogrel but had similar episode (although less severe) in early June. So far no side effect worth noting since on dual therapy.