Anyone using odor removing gel in litter box?

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HI,
Has anyone tried putting odor removing gel inside the litter boxes?

Saw this on you tube but noticed the smell is a bit strong.
Will cats avoid such smell ?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have never tried this but I also would never mess with my cat's litter box. Some cats can be very picky and, maybe others not so much, but I wouldn't want to take a chance with my cat avoiding his litter box because then I would have bigger problems. This is just my personal opinion, i.e. "if it's not broke don't fix it." Smells from the litter box go with having a cat and I know some people who stink up the bathroom far worse than my cat. :lol: I have heard that sprinkling a thin layer of baking soda on the bottom of the box helps to absorb odors but I have never done that either.

I noticed the product in the video was Fresh Wave. I have placed it in some of the rooms of our house when our dog got skunked. If you decide to use it why not try placing it somewhere in the room where you keep the litter box first as opposed to actually putting it in the box? Please let us know if you decide to use it and if it helped.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am trying to get my 2 kittens of the same litter to be together in the separate room from us for the night.
So toys and stuff be there.
But i do notice the smell form this is quite "high".
You can feel the fresh pine smell. lol.
Lets see how it goes.