anyone use petsupermarket.com?

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
petsupermarket.com, have any of you ordered from here? Any experiences?

I can't find much info on it, its the only online store I've found that carries performatrin products.

Last edited:

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s becuase they make performatrin. Petvalu and pet supermarket are owned by the same company out of Canada and performatrin is their in-house brand

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe better prices? Shipping? Idk but I should look it up. Always looking for a way to save on pet supplies!😉

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe better prices? Shipping? Idk but I should look it up. Always looking for a way to save on pet supplies!😉
Prices are a little higher than average. $49 minimum for free just like chewy. I've never heard of them before yesterday. Also didn't know performatrin was a house-brand. Its a good quality food, the have pate's like every brand has but it also comes in "stew" form.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes my cats enjoyed the stews when I tried them. They come in giant cans too.

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes my cats enjoyed the stews when I tried them. They come in giant cans too.
1) Do you know any other catfood that consistency (that isnt fish) ?
-Authority flaked foods used to be like that but now its just strips or meat product in grav

2)have you ordered from them online? the prices aren't great, and the very few reviews of their online store i have found are old and not great. If not for the quarantine i wouldn't consider ordering from them. I still want to read one person ordered from them and had a an easy quick experience

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have shopped at their B&M store but not the website. They are OK. The one by me is fairly small and doesn't have a good selection of cat foods. Nothing like Petco or Petsmart. They also moved further away from me so I rarely go in any more.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) Do you know any other catfood that consistency (that isnt fish) ?
-Authority flaked foods used to be like that but now its just strips or meat product in grav

2)have you ordered from them online? the prices aren't great, and the very few reviews of their online store i have found are old and not great. If not for the quarantine i wouldn't consider ordering from them. I still want to read one person ordered from them and had a an easy quick experience
I have only purchased them at petvalu.
red barn has stews that are similar to the performatrin that my cats also liked

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have only purchased them at petvalu.
red barn has stews that are similar to the performatrin that my cats also liked
Same, I stock up during sales, so I never realized I was getting performatrin exclusively from pet valu.

If north jersey wasnt on lock down, I wouldnt have looked for performatrin on chewy, and wouldnt have found out its an exclusive brand. Im down to 4 cans.

Are Redbarn stews a flakey shredded mush like perf. ultra stew.?

Ive got 1 cat that only eats pate, 1 that never eats pate, 2 that will lick the gravey off of food and leave the meat alone. Ultra Stews have such tiny meat flaked, pate and non pate eaters still eat it. And the flakes are so small they other 2 cant lick it without eating it.

I cant a pic of Ultra Stew but it looks something likr this but the beat is even more pulled apart
fdfvvvvv.jpg

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
welp, most items on the site are in store only, free shipping for orders $49. I did some maneuvering got a $50.60 order in. Also a ordered a similar qty from chewy today, lets see who wins.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shop at Petsupermarket, but not the online version. As already mentioned, Performatrin is their house brand. I used to get the Weruva that is only wet food Cricket will eat, but I've been having it delivered by Chewy lately. I don't know which is cheaper, but I think I will go check Petsupermarket online.

Okay, just checked. Price is the same but I save a bit on Chewy with autoship. I didn't check to see if Petsupermarket has autoship. I did notice you can get individual pouches at Petsupermarket, which you can't get with Chewy. That might be handy if you wanted to get a variety. However, miss picky pants only like 2 flavors so I get them in the box of 12.

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I shop at Petsupermarket, but not the online version. As already mentioned, Performatrin is their house brand. I used to get the Weruva that is only wet food Cricket will eat, but I've been having it delivered by Chewy lately. I don't know which is cheaper, but I think I will go check Petsupermarket online.

Okay, just checked. Price is the same but I save a bit on Chewy with autoship. I didn't check to see if Petsupermarket has autoship. I did notice you can get individual pouches at Petsupermarket, which you can't get with Chewy. That might be handy if you wanted to get a variety. However, miss picky pants only like 2 flavors so I get them in the box of 12.
they do have auto shop 5% off, no big discount on the first order like chewy does. atleast 90% of the things listed on petsupermarket online says "in store only" no individual pouches/cases...even many of the foods that come in cases arent sold online. individual or cases of weruva aren't available to buy online.

I dont use normally use chewy either, litter and most wetfood on both sites are 20%-40% more than I pay.

Last edited:

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this thread, remember stepping across it for pine litter I think and something else but wasn't exactly certain it wasn't a scam site, good to hear people use it and it's legit

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this thread, remember stepping across it for pine litter I think and something else but wasn't exactly certain it wasn't a scam site, good to hear people use it and it's legit
It maybe legit but I don't think anyone has admitted to using the site yet. I may be their first online customer.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they do have auto shop 5% off, no big discount on the first order like chewy does. atleast 90% of the things listed on petsupermarket online says "in store only" no individual pouches/cases...even many of the foods that come in cases arent sold online. individual or cases of weruva aren't available to buy online.

I dont use normally use chewy either, litter and most wetfood on both sites are 20%-40% more than I pay.
Is there an online store you shop that's cheaper than Chewy?

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there an online store you shop that's cheaper than Chewy?
No but buying it at put supply stores that don't deliver is cheaper, and sometimes they have sales on certain things and a lot of them wil text you a weekly coupon for 5,10,15,20% off coupons. I bought a bunch of 5.5 oz of wellness core stuff for $1.08 a can final price. Rawz for $.92 Buffalo Freedom for $0.74 (had to return the freedom, did not go over well).
Supermarket have crazy sales on the less healthy brands like friksies, Iams, Fancy Feast. Shoprite had a 40cans or friskes for $18 recently), wegmans was selling Iams perfect porions for 54cents right around when people started hoarding for the quarantine

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anywhoo, the petsupermarket order placed Wednesday got here Saturday evening. 4 Day turn around. I placed its My chewy order monday, its been "preparing to ship" for 8 days now.

Petsupermarket.com Not a scam and over twice as fast as Chew.com during a pandemic.

ps I got the smaller 3.5oz size of the Ultra beef stew, they come in cute thin wide plastic bowls, with peel off lid. Already the perfect size fora cat to eat out of and no sharp edges.
ulty.JPG

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anywhoo, the petsupermarket order placed Wednesday got here Saturday evening. 4 Day turn around. I placed its My chewy order monday, its been "preparing to ship" for 8 days now.

Petsupermarket.com Not a scam and over twice as fast as Chew.com during a pandemic.

ps I got the smaller 3.5oz size of the Ultra beef stew, they come in cute thin wide plastic bowls, with peel off lid. Already the perfect size fora cat to eat out of and no sharp edges.
View attachment 329916
That's great news, I'll have to see if they carry that pine litter i was snooping for or specters tiki cat 👀