Anyone Use Foodservicedirect.com For Raw?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m interested because their boneless turkey thighs. Particularly their shenandoah turkey thighs 40 pounds at $80.95. Obviously this is a deal even with expensive shipping. Does anyone have experience with this company or product?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I don't have experience with this but am interested as well, and hopefully one of the members who feed raw will reply for you soon :)

Genesis123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've purchased from Food Service Direct (FSD) several times over the past several years -- I might even say "many times" -- the most recent time being last month (January 2019). The food is shipped as expected** and always arrives frozen, packed well. I don't have experience with the specific product you're interested in. I'm vegetarian. And, I do not buy meats, etc., for my cats from them.

They've changed their website, in recent months (I'm not sure exactly when), and their price structure. Based on my experiences before the changes, I'd say the new prices [on products I'm familiar with] include shipping -- yet, orders below the current minimum for "free shipping" ($175) don't get free shipping. I know what I paid for the products when I paid for shipping separately, so as long as the prices are close to what I paid in the past, overall (products + shipping), I'm okay with it. However, I order, at least, the minimum to get free shipping. Otherwise, as I see it, I will be paying double shipping costs. [In January, the minimum for "free shipping" was $120. Now, it's $175.] I have no problem meeting the minimum as long as "cash flow" isn't a problem. I'd order more often if cash flow weren't a problem. ;)

I've read a lot of negative reviews about the company, but I haven't had a single problem. I've been quite happy with my orders.

If I can answer any other questions, please don't hesitate.

Oh! Another company I have been checking out is "Webstaurant Store .com". They, like FSD, supply to restaurants, but will also sell to consumers. At Webstaurant, shipping is extra - always (so far). It does not seem that any shipping costs are hidden in the prices of the goods. They have several warehouses around the country (US) and shipping seems very reasonable. But, then, I only put a couple items in my cart to get an idea of the shipping rates. I'll find out, for sure, when I actually place a more extensive order -- which might be this week.

I expect to (continue to) do business with both companies.

Hope this helps. :)

** In the product descriptions, there are notes, like, "ready to ship in 4 days", or "ready to ship in 7 days"... A few even say "ready to ship in 3-4 months". But, mine have always shipped the following Monday, or Tuesday, after I've placed an order. (My products usually say "ready to ship in 4 days".) So, pay attention to those notes.

Genesis123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to add --

(1) The "negative reviews" I mentioned (about FSD) may have all been written before their restructuring (change in website, etc.). I don't know why they made the changes. I take those reviews with a grain of salt. They have a A+ BBB rating.

(2) Also, Customer Service - for both companies I mentioned - have been fantastic. I haven't had any issues with my orders, but when I've contacted them with questions, they respond quickly, are always cheerful, and helpful.

:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G Genesis123 Thank you so much for your input! I had kinda written them off before you responded. It’s encouraging to hear about someone having a good experience. I’ll look into both those websites a little more. :)