Anyone try the Catit Cabrio Carrier??

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Max has, unfortunately, figured out how to escape from his Guardian Gear Pioneer crate (this time was during a tornado warning.) This is my absolute favorite carrier, but nothing I have tried has been able to keep him in. He loves his carrier, which is kept out 24/7 and he sleeps in it and travels very well in it (he LOVES car rides!) He's just too smart for his own good...

In checking out carriers I came across the Catit Cabrio Carrier ()

Most reviews are positive, though say the carrier is difficult to assemble and is flimsy when not assemble correctly.

Just wondering if anyone has this carrier or has tried it?

I'm open to crate suggestions as well. I need a very sturdy carrier (no mesh/soft-sided carriers), top entry and solid roof piece (no bars across). Max enjoys looking around when riding in the car, so something that has extra ventilation holes would be great.

Ultimately, it needs to be very secure. I live in an area very prone to tornadoes and this is my biggest concern. There are times when the cats are confined to the carriers for long periods and I nee to be sure he isn't able to escape.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've just added it to the reviews section, in case anyone gets to this thread in the future and can review it - 
[product="20774"]Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrier  [/product]
Must be a brand new design? I'm not seeing any reviews on Amazon either.

jenny466

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks very similar to the 2 carriers I have for my cats.There have been times when tornado warnings have been issued & they've spent some time(reluctantly)in them till warning passes.I buy lots from Amazon & their return policy is pretty good, often the item can be returned at no shipping cost!The carriers I have, found at a farm type supply store & this was in the 90's & they're still in use.Just throwing that in as the one in the pic looks so close to mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Thank up for the input! The reviews I have found are so mixed, I wish I could see one in person before buying.

I'll likely be purchasing this one, as well as another, and make a decision once I have them in hand. I just hate moving him out of the current carrier as it has a metal frame.

jenny466

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's tough to find the right carrier. I don't know how folks use the soft sided, more like a square bag. My guys would chew through one of those in a day! Lol

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Max has, unfortunately, figured out how to escape from his Guardian Gear Pioneer crate (this time was during a tornado warning.) This is my absolute favorite carrier, but nothing I have tried has been able to keep him in. He loves his carrier, which is kept out 24/7 and he sleeps in it and travels very well in it (he LOVES car rides!) He's just too smart for his own good...

In checking out carriers I came across the Catit Cabrio Carrier ()

Most reviews are positive, though say the carrier is difficult to assemble and is flimsy when not assemble correctly.

Just wondering if anyone has this carrier or has tried it?

I'm open to crate suggestions as well. I need a very sturdy carrier (no mesh/soft-sided carriers), top entry and solid roof piece (no bars across). Max enjoys looking around when riding in the car, so something that has extra ventilation holes would be great.

Ultimately, it needs to be very secure. I live in an area very prone to tornadoes and this is my biggest concern. There are times when the cats are confined to the carriers for long periods and I nee to be sure he isn't able to escape.
I don't use anything that doesn't provide extra holes to add nuts and screws of zip ties. Snapping together is an accident waiting to happen. Picture the worst possible scenario that could happen while your cat was inside that crate. 

Crates serve two purposes. 1 they keep the cat from running off. 2 They provide protection from outside forces. That could be a hard stop in your car to a dog that is not properly restrained in a waiting room.