Anyone try out really tall cat trees? Worry about height and wobble.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband built a tall scratching post/climbing area and anchored it to the wall, the other larger cat tree he made is a little wobbly but not unstable. Pretty much these days only a handmade one would be sturdy or heavy enough to be really high, the commercially made ones tend to be lightweight, cardboard, the bases aren't wide or weighed down enough.

Bells&zara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone ever tried a really tall cat tree for there cats?

https://www.chewy.com/armarkat-77-in-faux.../dp/55124...

Even in the video shown here it looks like the cat tree is super wobbly. And I'm wondering if the cats will even like a cat tree that tall. Moving into a small studio soon, so trying to think vertically.
I have a tall cat tower for my 2 cats. They love it and it’s not anchored. I just put it in a corner of the house and it works perfectly. I got mine off of chewy and great quality and came very quick! I would recommend one from them for sure !

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 72 inch I have had 9 years. It does not wobble. My 60+ jnch tower does. I have a 25 pd dumbell on the bottom. Problem solved

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it varies from tower to tower! I don't have a super tall one, just 69inches, and my 2 cats can jump on and off while playing chase on it with minimal wobble. My 12 lb boy likes to make a running start and jump onto it mid height while climbing up swinging side to side, and I've never felt unsafe about its steadiness.