Anyone own a Wacom?

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or another kind of drawing tablet? I've had my eye on the Wacom Bamboo Create for a while. I plan on getting it when I have the funds and would like to know how others like it.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of the first generation Wacom tablets and just loved it. It finally succumbed after a few years hard use, but was obsolete for newer applications so it spent its final days as a glorified mouse. They are worth the bucks.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Wacom Intuous.

I started with a small one that was given to me because it kept losing the drivers.  I tried it for a while, but I got fed up with having to reinstall it everytime I tried to use it. I never did get the hang of using it and I tripped over the cord and the cord pulled out from the tablet so I chucked it.

I bought the next size up of Intuous a few years ago, thinking that the first one I had was just too small.  Turns out the first one was the better size because the larger one you have to move your arm around instead of just your hand.

Anyway, mine is a glorified coffee coaster/place mat.   I just can't get the hang of looking straight ahead while my hand is in the position to hold a pen and drawing on something that I'm not looking at. I just feel too disconnected.

So it sits on my desk looking nice. Maybe one day I'll get around to actually investing more time to getting used to it. I do computer graphics and the ability to use a pen/tablet would go along way to improving my end results.