anyone living in nsw (Australia) that can help a feral cat

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hi there is a feral cat that lives in greenfield park nsw with a swollen foot, it has been like that for two days. Is there an organisation that is able to catch her, treat her and bring her back to her colony ?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really don't know Leomc123 Leomc123 .. the best idea would be to contact an organisation that advocates TNR and see if they can guide you.
Unfortunately they're few and far between.. I think the most active is in WA, but they may be able to suggest people in NSW:

The only NSW one I can locate is:

Is s/he definitely feral?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a stray cat near the shopping center. On tuesday the cat was limping and then two days ago the paw looks like this. Is this an abscess or a paw run over?

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd go more abscess, fall injury or animal bite. It would be awfully hard for someone to just run over a paw and not break the arm further up as well. If possible, even just trapping the cat so it can heal and rest the paw while it heals will help a lot. Ideally, see a vet for antibiotics to give it a better change to heal safely (or even more advance treatment). Even though the cat is getting food (which can make a big difference) its movement is probably hampered and puts it at risk on the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the problem is she is a mother cat who recently had kittens , so she is mothering kittens as well, so we cant take all of them together. When i looked at the cut, it looks clean, i dont see infection, from an arms length distance it looks clean to me. She is also looked after another lady who works in the shopping area as well, so i dont know if the cat has been to the vet already i am assuming the cat has been as the area looks cleaned compared to the abcess my cats used to get which was all yellow and pusy. I am hoping that i see the lady who works there to ask her. I dont want to take the cat in twice and accidentally doubling the medications that could kill her. This mother cat is very hard to catch she will only come up to the dish with food and i am at an arms length so i cant check properly or get close enough to pat her. Since the wound looks clean i am hoping that she was taken to the vet, given convenia antibiotic injection. I will keep checking on her to see if she is ok . She is also partially blind in the right eye.

IMAG0154 (1).jpg

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring for this kitty, I know there are not a lot of resources in Australia for kind people like you.

Definitely talk to the woman if you can!

Otherwise, you may have to trap her. Sounds like she’s not actually feral - can you see if she will eat in a regular pet carrier? You don’t have to trap her until you have a plan and are ready, but see if she’s willing to eat in a carrier. If not, you can try slowly getting her used to it- we can help guide you for that if/when the time comes.

How old are her kittens?