Anyone know what she might be?

FreyatheBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sibling and I found a stray hiding out in our driveway about 6 months ago, and we have no idea what she is.

We think she might possibly be part Norwegian forest cat, or something, but we were never sure.

Neither of us has the money to take her to a vet to find out what she is. If anyone has any ideas, please, help us to end a 6-month-long discussion!

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful Domestic Long Hair. :redheartpump::redheartpump: I hope she is already fixed.
Maybe she is lost. Have you been keeping her only indoors since you found her? Did you check before if anyone is missing their cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree, domestic long hair. If she is biggish, and IF you want to compare her to some breed, so look at the Siberian.

Good you didnt went to the vet to see what breed she is. Vets arent schooled in breed recognization.
Unless they are privately interested in it, or do cooperate much with owners of purebreds as their customers.

So, checking up the cats health, and get medical and health advices is often wise, (looking after a chip is supposed to be free).
But spare the money if the visit is just for getting an opinion on the breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyatheBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the replies! I've had some people irl say she might be a domestic long haired tabby too, so that's what I'm leaning towards.

Maybe she is lost. Have you been keeping her only indoors since you found her? Did you check before if anyone is missing their cat?
We didnt bring her in for a few days after she first showed up because we thought she was already someone's pet. She was super friendly and came right up to my sibling and I, so we thought she MUST have a home. But then she didnt leave our driveway for about 3 days, and we noticed she appeared to be malnourished and dehydrated, so we took her inside, and kept an eye out for any missing posters for about a month. We never saw any, so if she did have a home before us, they didn't care enough to look for her, or feed her and give her water, it looked like. She's been staying inside ever since we first brought her inside, and hasn't shown any intentions of wanting to leave.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she? You should take her to a vet though, for the various vaccinations, deworming, flea treatment. And check to see if she is spayed. Thanks for the rescue!

Toniann73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like a long haired tabby. I have an orange long haired tabby that looks like that except orange

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic Longhair tabby. The majority of cats in the world are of no particular breed ancestry. Although it is fun so compare to what they resemble.

I also will add that she needs to go to the vet to check if she has a microchip, her original home could have been far away and she traveled. Also she needs proper vaccines and spayed if you are keeping her. The vet won't be much help with breed, they would just be guessing what she resembles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyatheBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To everyone saying that she needs to go to the vet, I know. If I had it my way she'd have gone day one to get the necessary vaccines and things. I even told my parents that she might have a microchip which would lead us to her original owner, but they have yet to take her to a vet. It worries me, but without a license, or money for an appointment or even an Uber, there isnt much I can do besides continue to hound them about taking her to the vet. And believe me, it's just about every day I say something about it.

What I have done is kept an eye out around my city, and even my neighboring city (they're so close they're basically the same city) for posters of missing kittens that resemble her. So far, I haven't seen anything, and given how long it's been since we brought her inside (we brought her inside mid summer) I doubt I'll find anything.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for caring for this adorable cat. Bless your heart.