Anyone know if cats can have frosty paws?

rwdz71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone know if cats can have frosty paws or where to find cool claws im having trouble finding it and looking for alternatives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rwdz71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no what im looking for is the ice cream that meijer used to sell. lately i can't seem to find it anywhere.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't give Frosty Paws (or Cool Claws) to my pets...it's full of chemical preservatives, BHA, BHT, and 'animal fat' (what type of animal? who knows!)

If you want to give your cats frozen treats, try homemade 'frozen yogurt'. You can get plain yogurt and mix pieces of a type of food they like into it to make a treat similar to Frosty Paws/Claws except healthy. I do this for my dogs, I use organic whole milk yogurt and then I mix in cut pieces of fruit or some low-salt broth and freeze it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rwdz71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
maybe mix regular yogurt with baby food? or make fruit smoothies? i have to make something similar for my sugar gliders.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MOST cats are LACTOSE intolerant and thus should not have dairy... Plain yogurt can work and Plain meat baby food would likely be a good mix

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rwdz71

no what im looking for is the ice cream that meijer used to sell. lately i can't seem to find it anywhere.
OH! LOL! I never heard of it before. I googled it, and Frosty Paws are for dogs and Cool Claws are for cats, but they both are (as already mentioned) full of not so good things.

A piece of frozen white meat chicken is a better treat! (I keep home cooked white meat chicken frozen in tablespoon sized chunks in my freezer. Frozen while still warm, they retain a lot of moisture, too.)