Anyone Know Any Good Cat Documentary Or Videos/shows?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just curious if anyone know any good documentary/shows on cats? Informative and entertainment of course are both welcome.

I tried watching Jackson Galaxy's My Cat From Hell, but the reality tv elements just killed it for me.

Any suggestions?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a really interesting documentary on youtube about cat hoarders. I think if you search cat ladies or cat hoarders you should find it. It's not so much about cats but about the cat ladies - kind of depressing too, but I find it interesting.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a BBC doc about a small town that put cameras and gps on their indoor/outdoor cats. I found it fascinating. They were able to see where and how far the cats roamed,what happened when two cats had a spat(with telemetry info and video),what cats stayed close to home and what cats went farthest...even what cats would be burglars,sneaking into other cats homes to eat their food!

Pretty sure i saw it on public television,but it was a british documentary. I guarantee if someone here can find it,everyone here would love it. There is something quite sweet and charming about a bunch of british cat owners being as silly about their cats as I am.

Bingo! I think i found it.

Secret life of the cat: What do our feline companions get up to?

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is a BBC doc about a small town that put cameras and gps on their indoor/outdoor cats. I found it fascinating. They were able to see where and how far the cats roamed,what happened when two cats had a spat(with telemetry info and video),what cats stayed close to home and what cats went farthest...even what cats would be burglars,sneaking into other cats homes to eat their food!

Pretty sure i saw it on public television,but it was a british documentary. I guarantee if someone here can find it,everyone here would love it. There is something quite sweet and charming about a bunch of british cat owners being as silly about their cats as I am.

Bingo! I think i found it.

Secret life of the cat: What do our feline companions get up to?
I wonder if that's the same one I saw. They were doing a survey to find out how cats effect the rodent, small birds, mammels, etc. populations in the area. They found the cats played a very healthy role in population control. Found it very enlightening. Not sure that's the same show thou.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like My Cat From Hell. He actually has some good behavior insights and ways to help your cat(s) with behavioral problems. My favorite show was the 23-24? yr old cat that wanted to be a part of its owner's tone therapy. So Jackson asked the owner to treat the cat one day as an exercise to include him. The cat loved the therapy and laid down and relaxed. Was beautiful to watch!