Anyone Know A Good Cat Perch You Can Install On A Normal Wall That Doesn't Cost Much?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just looking for something my cat can sit on and get more verticality in my apartment.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If your cat likes being up high he would love that. I just bought some shelf brackets and a piece of that prefabricated shelving from the home improvement store. I had some fabric laying around that I stapled to the wood. I put it next to one of those store bought window perches that I have on my front porch. Another one I used a shelf from an entertainment center I no longer used and some old brackets I already had. I have a cat tree near the one that's up really high so my cat can jump from there, but you could probably just use several shelves staggered like stair steps if you didn't want to do that. I'll try and post some pics underneath.

011.jpg
012.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If your cat likes being up high he would love that. I just bought some shelf brackets and a piece of that prefabricated shelving from the home improvement store. I had some fabric laying around that I stapled to the wood. I put it next to one of those store bought window perches that I have on my front porch. Another one I used a shelf from an entertainment center I no longer used and some old brackets I already had. I have a cat tree near the one that's up really high so my cat can jump from there, but you could probably just use several shelves staggered like stair steps if you didn't want to do that. I'll try and post some pics underneath.

View attachment 215361 View attachment 215362
Yeah looks like I may have to do a little DYI, okay thanks!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with bodester413, just make you own cat perch shelves!

I would make sure the shelves can handle an active cat of your cat's weight, while jumping around and playing.

This is sometimes handy.
How to Put Anchor Screws in a Wall

Make sure the brackets use at least two placements for screws, too. If you are to put screws in wood window frames or in any wood, pre-drill a partial hole first before you screw the screw in (or you'll crack and split the woodwork).

:goodluck:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA

We've used shelves from ContempoCat that we got in a contest, as well as putting up shelving from Ikea. We just picked which styles of shelf we wanted, made sure the brackets would support up to 30 lbs (because can't aren't always gentle), and then stapled carpet remnants onto the shelves.
more catification #catsclimbinghigh

the house we're in right now is smaller and the walls seems to be made of concrete, so we're lacking the vertical space we had at the last place :(