Anyone here from the Portland, OR area?

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a while now I've been thinking of moving to the Portland, OR area to start up a business I've been looking into. I've never been there, so of course I need to visit
But for some reason this town keeps sticking in my head like that's where I should be going....

So I was hoping there might be people on here who could tell me more about the area... what are nicer areas? Is there an area where I could buy a couple of acres that's still somewhat near the city? Basically I'm looking to buy a small ranch... like 2 or 3 acres maybe... but I need to be close to civiliation. Are there places I should visit? Do you get a crazy amount of snow? (Being from NY I can deal with snow, but my BF would be coming with me and he's a native Floridian whose never seen snow... don't want to scare him
) And then there's my two biggest fears: snakes and bees.... lot of snakes there? Am I going to find them in my house?
Really anything that would give me a starting point on my search of nicer areas and what there is to do there...

If you don't want to admit publicly where you live, feel free to PM me instead.

Thanks for the help!

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was born in portland and lived there for the first couple years of my life and am back there 2 visit frequently. it is a great town with friendly people. but, FYI! u better b prepared for a lot of rain! if u do move 2 portland, u should visit Greater Portland Baptist Church. i went there for a youth conference and it is a great church!