Anyone have Tattoo's?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The next one that I want is a Blue rose--with Hubbys name by it
and then the vine coming down with hearts instead of leaves and the kids names by the hearts...at the bottom, my nickname.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Can you guys who have tats tell me how much it h
urts???
Honestly, my third one was the most painful one. I know with my first one I was extremely nervous and just knew I would pass out,lol. But thankfully, I didnt.
And really it just tickled...and the guy that did mine(hes done all 3) was so awesome! He jokes with you and talks the whole time through, so that helps ALOT!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a calico cat and a chickadee on my lower back. I plan to get it embellished a little. It's cool and I love it, but it needs "something" else. I was thinking of a little border of cat prints under the cat and birdie prints under the bird and then them meeting each other in the middle. I plan to get a squirrel next, either on my ankle or shoulder.

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
too many tats to count...many have merged into one so its really hard to count anyways
In regards to pain, there are areas that are tolerable, and areas that are tolerable if you're really tough...
Everyones got their limits I think. The size of the tattoo or more so the amount of time you're willing to sit through it will also affect your tolerance. I've sat through 5 hours at most, at which point I started to feel light headed and my nerves were RAW!!!! You can spend a half hour getting tattooed in a sensitive area and cope well or a longer time frame in a not-so tender area and cope at the same level. There are too many variables to nail it on the head. I had my elbow tattooed but before-hand spoke to a woman who had hers done as well. This lady, picture it if you may, was a heavily tattooed bartender who was quite rowdy and tough in nature. She told me her elbow tattoos almost broke her. Well, you could imagine I was not too excited about getting mine done with this knowledge and was greeted by my artist with a "oooh, we're doing the elbow today eh? ouch!" I was so pumped with adrenaline and expecting the worst only to find out that it was probably one of the least painful tatoos I ever got.
Everyone is different in terms of what their body can handle and how their nerves are affected. I had the side of my neck tattood and it felt as if someone was tickling me with a feather. The artist was very annoyed cause I kept giggling and moving around.
On the other hand my calves were agonizing to have tattooed. It felt like a hot knife cutting in to my flesh! yikes!!!

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love dragons…almost to the point of obsession. And so I have always wanted/ dreamed of getting a dragon on my calf with the tail wrapping around my ankle and onto my foot. I have never had the money and the guts at the same time though so alas I just had to stick with my pierced eyebrow. My fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] wants to get flames around both his wrists and possibly a cross and the symbol for the Holy Spirit on each arm. Someday maybe when we have the money to spend…. Sigh.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Stormysmom

I love dragons…almost to the point of obsession. And so I have always wanted/ dreamed of getting a dragon on my calf with the tail wrapping around my ankle and onto my foot.
That sounds like a great tat!

Go on - treat yourself!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did some looking around and remembered I had these 2 pics in my photobucket.
So thought I would share!

The one with the kids name isnt the best, sorry. And I dont have any of my very first tat.....

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catloverin_ks, I love your tat for your Dad!!!
I had thought about getting one in Memory of my Dad also.But, I think I'll settle for one with the nickname that he gave me and maybe some Angel wings by it with his death date. Angel wings for the fact he's gone and also that was his last name.
Plus, my Dad was also a Minister/Preacher!
(I also have the In memory of sticker on the back of my mini-van)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

catloverin_ks, I love your tat for your Dad!!!
I had thought about getting one in Memory of my Dad also.But, I think I'll settle for one with the nickname that he gave me and maybe some Angel wings by it with his death date. Angel wings for the fact he's gone and also that was his last name.
Plus, my Dad was also a Minister/Preacher!
(I also have the In memory of sticker on the back of my mini-van)
That is really sweet, I'm sorry about your dad...where did u get that memory thing for the back of your vehicle?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!! Trust me,my Dad is FAR better off where he is now.

I ordered my In Memory of sticker from
http://www.acapparel.com/
We have no minimum order and no hidden costs. We keep things pretty plain and simple. There's a LOT of websites that we feel are just too 'busy' and too confusing. Why spend 30 minutes trying to figure out 'where to start'. We also do not believe in hiding our charges in things like 'handling' fees.
Here is the direct link to the stickers
http://www.acapparel.com/Promos/loving/loving_mem.htm
Mine is #3

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE that memory sticker! I have thought about getting one numerous times. I might still do that. I am going to check out the place you got yours from.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few tattoos but only have a pic of my latest one. It's on the small of my back.. This pic is literally right after it was done... withen minutes...

It's Kanji for Desire
I have a Bull on my right shoulder blade, a heart with a ribbon on my right ankle and then got my DH's initials above it a few years later...I want one more on my left shoulder blade of my 2 son's names and I MIGHT be done then

My Dh has 2 of them.. a rose on his right bicep and a flag on his other.. i would post it but I don't want anyone to be offended by it.. It's rebel flag but I assure you all he's not racist at all. He's from Tennessee and it's a "Southern Thing".. Matter of fact his daughter is interracial... so he's FAR from being that way...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I have a few tattoos but only have a pic of my latest one. It's on the small of my back.. This pic is literally right after it was done... withen minutes...

It's Kanji for Desire
I have a Bull on my right shoulder blade, a heart with a ribbon on my right ankle and then got my DH's initials above it a few years later...I want one more on my left shoulder blade of my 2 son's names and I MIGHT be done then

My Dh has 2 of them.. a rose on his right bicep and a flag on his other.. i would post it but I don't want anyone to be offended by it.. It's rebel flag but I assure you all he's not racist at all. He's from Tennessee and it's a "Southern Thing".. Matter of fact his daughter is interracial... so he's FAR from being that way...
I for one would NOT be offended!! I am from West Virginia where there are literally hundreds of Rebel Flags flying all over.My BIL has a Rebel Flag with his nickname under it.Tattoo that is

Catloverin_ks
my sticker was only $8.50......... Well worth it

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I for one would NOT be offended!! I am from West Virginia where there are literally hundreds of Rebel Flags flying all over.My BIL has a Rebel Flag with his nickname under it.Tattoo that is

Catloverin_ks
my sticker was only $8.50......... Well worth it
then you know how these southern boys are! It's more Heritage then Hate

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
then you know how these southern boys are! It's more Heritage then Hate
Yes, my hubby is a TRUE Southern Boy too.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually from Michigan.But, moved here 13 years ago with my first hubby.
My hubby (now) was born and raised here.
In my heart, West Virginia is HOME!!!